A Shadow in Darkness: Danger Approaches Sasuke and Miyuna!

I dreamt of something. Another memory of Itachi.

~

I lay in Itachi, he was holding me around the waist from behind and I rested my head on his chest. We watched Sasuke practice his Fire Ball Jutsu. I looked up at him and he looked down on me. I grinned up at him and he returned it with a warm smile.

"Hey Itachi, why are you so nice to me?" I asked. He smiled and went back to watching Sasuke. "Well, because I think of you like a little sister." I looked at him, wide eyed.

I was surprised. "A sister? Like a real one?" I questioned skeptically. He chuckled and kissed my forehead gently. "Of course. I love you just as much as I love Sasuke. To tell you the truth I only wanted to be nice to you, but I've come to love you like I do my own family."

My eyes went wide and I smiled before turning and wrapping my arms around his neck. I kissed him on the cheek and laughed. "I love you too Itachi! Just like a brother! I love you like I love Naruto!"

He smiled at me, and his eyes were warm. We laughed together and the memory faded.I was in the Uchiha compound with Itachi and Sasuke. Fugaku and Mikoto were watching us with fondness as Itachi was 'it' and Sasuke and I were running away from him. Fugaku and Mikoto were very fond of me and often invited me to events.

When Naruto was busy running off and pranking people, I was usually with the Uchiha family. Itachi picked me up, lifting me in the air. I giggled madly as he brought me back down and kissed my cheek.

Sasuke grinned and pointed at me. "You're it!" Itachi set me down and I ran after Sasuke. I had gotten stronger and faster so I tackled Sasuke and we rolled till I was on top of him.

He blinked in surprise and I laughed. Soon he joined. Even Fugaku, Mikoto, and Itachi joined in. "It seems you have a rival in speed son." Fugaku said. Sasuke sat up and I wrapped my arms around him before standing and launching at Itachi to give him a hug as well.

"She's just like another member of the family." Mikoto said as her and Fugaku watched the three of us run aound.

~

Suddenly I was overwhelmed with memories of Itachi and Sasuke. I remembered it all. All the times I spent with them. I truly did love Itachi like I did Naruto. And the final memory broke my heart. I see why I forced myself to forget.

~

"You were training late again Sasuke. Now Itachi and your parents are going to be worried." I stated as Sasuke and I walked side by side. He blushed in embarrassment. "Yeah, yeah. Where's Naruto? Shouldn't you be with him?"

I shook my head. "He's sick. I'll go back once I say hi to Itachi." Sasuke frowned and his eyebrows moved telling me know he was upset. He then held his head high, an annoyed expression still on his face. "All you say is Itachi this, Itachi that, oh Itachi." He mocked.

I became flustered and my face was heated. "I do not! So what if I do?! Itachi is like my brother!" Sasuke huffed.

I elbowed him. "What's wrong with you? You almost sound jealous." Now it was his turn to blush. He pushed me a bit. "Quit making stupid jokes!" I laughed and stopped teasing him.

It's dark tonight. Very. As we neared the Uchiha compound, I frowned. Usually it's very active. My skin began to crawl. I grabbed Sasuke's hand. He went red again and went to shout some more but stopped when he saw that I was a bit creeped out.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong?" he asked. I bit my lip as we stood in front of the gates to the compound. "Something doesn't feel right."