Mission: Help an Old Friend in the Land of Tea!

"Well here we are, waiting to get our mission, and our sensei isn't even here." I growled out. "Kakashi won't be here at all." Tsunade voiced. I looked forward to see her and Shizune walk in. "Grandma Tsunade." Naruto and I said in unison.

"Stop calling me that will you?" She grumbled, taking a seat. "Uh, Lady Hokage. What's this about Kakashi-Sensei not coming?" Sakura asked.

"You know our forces are stretched thin. All of our Jonin are already busy on other missions, including Kakashi. You four will just have to handle this on your own." Makes sense.

I mean we're still a team of four. And we're pretty strong. We should be fine. "It's a B-Rank escort mission. Someone important."

That's strange. A B-Rank mission for four Genin? That is a bit . . . sad I guess. "Who's this important person?" I asked. Tsunade smirked. "Of course it could develop into an A-Rank mission if you run into trouble."

I see. We must really be stretched thin. "Are you going to answer my question?" I asked. She closed her eyes. "I don't know."

.

.

.

"You got dementia there grandma?" I dodged a kunai she threw. "NO! Every four years our neighbor, the Land of Tea, holds a dedication ceremony at the great Todoroki Shrine. Each time we're asked to escort a runner who will participate in the race that's apart of the ceremonies. This year, the messengers who were bringing the request were attacked before they could get here."

I see. "If that's the case, shouldn't you have a stronger, more capable group like Guy's students?" I asked.

Naruto looked at me in disbelief. Tsunade smiled at me. "Sadly, they're still out on their mission. You four are the next best thing."

Flattering. Really.

"Don't worry about the details now. When you meet Boss Jirocho he'll explain everything."

Wait a minute. "Boss Jirocho? That guy that was there when Naruto was kidnapped?" I asked. Sasuke and Sakura looked at me and Naruto questioningly. Tsunade smirked and nodded.

"Now no wasting time. They're expecting you in the Land of Tea by the end of the day. So get moving." I rolled my eyes. "Got it."

With that we headed out.

This will be our first official mission without Kakashi. A B-Rank, possibly A-Rank. This is a bit worrisome. We quickly packed and headed out.

"Hey Sakura, you hungry at all?" Naruto asked after a long time of walking. "A little bit." His face lit up. "Hey great idea! Lunch break! And look, there just so happens to be a tea house right there!" He rushed to it.

I sighed, shaking my head. "Idiot. Well, lets make this quick." I muttered. We went inside, sat down and ordered a small lunch. I stayed on alert.

"What's up Miyu? Why are you so tense?" Naruto asked. I kept my eyes, ears, and nose on alert. "Idiot. If the messengers were attacked, don't you think we'd be attacked as well?" I asked.

He tensed and looked around. I smiled lightly. "It's alright, no one threatening is nearby. I just want to make sure." He frowned and looked at me worriedly. "Shouldn't you eat and relax?" He asked. I shook my head and motioned to the bag on my back. "I'm not hungry. Besides, I have emergency water and rations in here. Don't worry."

He looked hesitant. The tea house is empty besides one guy who's about a year or two older then us. I sat next Sasuke, across from Sakura and Naruto.

"I just hope we get some fighting in!" Naruto gushed. I sweat dropped. "Don't you dare go making trouble Naruto, not this time." Sakura warned. I mean, I like a nice fight every now and then too, but I'm not sure picking a fight without Kakashi isn't going to bode well for us. The guy stood and started heading out, but stopped by our table.