The Third Hokage! Forever . . .

I groaned and rolled over, but pain exploded all over my body. I'm out of chakra, I have a sever head injury, my body's sore from fighting, and my hands hurt from that stupid shield around the Hokage.

I can't move. My body . . . it won't move. Gritting my teeth I tried to move, even the tiniest bit. My fingers twitched as I attempted to do so. 

I glanced at the two, my eyes shifting between them. Naruto was slowly using his chin to move to Gaara, who lay on his back.

Naruto, Gaara. I was right. If anyone were to understand Naruto as much as I do it would be Gaara. He may even understand him more. I don't hold a beast inside me. Only borrowed chakra.

Two children, hated for something they have no control over.

Such a tragic tale. Such a tragic childhood. Naruto must realize this by now. Gaara's feelings. And if I know my brother, he probably wants to help him, even in the tiniest way.

Gritting my teeth, I slowly moved my arms forward, grabbing the ground, I dragged myself forward. After one pull I hit the ground. But I didn't give up.

Naruto, Gaara. My brother and I slowly crawled towards the red headed boy. "No! Stay away!" He shouted, fear in his voice.

"It's almost unbearable isn't it?" Naruto asked, looking up at him. I pulled myself forward. "The feeling of being alone." I continued, looking at him as well. In truth, Gaara is afraid.

He's afraid, just like us. I looked at him sadly, along with Naruto. "We know that feeling. We've been there. In that dark and lonely place. My little sister always stood up, and fought for me. But now, I'm strong enough to protect her. And the others. Now, I have other people I care about. Other people who mean a lot to me. I care about them more then I do myself. And I won't let anyone hurt them. I will protect my precious sister and friends."

"But why? Why would you do this for anyone but yourself?" Gaara asked, genuinely confused. "Because they saved us." I spoke, making him glance at me.

I moved some more. "I've only ever cared about my brother. And that troubled him. He didn't want me to hate everyone. Even if they were cruel to him. But they saved him. Us. They save us from ourselves."

I answered. Naruto moved a little. "They rescued us from our loneliness. They were the first to accept me, and my sister for who we are. They're my friends." Naruto spoke.

He has grown. And he is strong. Things aren't like what they were before. I've realized this. "Gaara, you must have loved someone before. Someone that was precious to you. And they betrayed you."

He turned to me in surprise. I smiled sadly. "Even if they betrayed you, you still held that feeling of love. It's not something you can simply throw away. Love will always reside in your heart. No matter how hard you try to bury it."

I grunted as pain shot through my hands before going numb. "I don't think you're bad at all. You remind me of Naruto. And I want you to be happy, like he has." I told him honestly.

"Love? Is that the thing that makes them so strong?" I heard Gaara grumble. "Naruto, Miyuna, that's enough." I stopped moving and glanced up to see Sasuke, between my brother and me.

A smile made its way onto my face. And I looked back at Gaara. "I truly believe that you will understand this all. I believe the love that you have buried under that loneliness will grow, like mine has. There's no reason for us to fight anymore. The battle is over. And I don't want to kill you. Because I don't hate you."

"That's right. There's no need for us to fight. Gaara, I don't hate you either." Naruto's head hit the ground, passing out.

Suddenly Kankuro and Temari jumped in front of Gaara. I glared at them. "You two . . . Gaara . . . don't hurt him anymore."