A Shirker's Call to Action: Layabout No More

The branch shattered upon my touch. Kankuro jumped away in the nick of time. I huffed in annoyance.

Chills came across my body every now and then. The Hokage. I know this feeling. But there's two more chakra's just as strong. I bit my lip.

What's going on? I can't just run back, I have to kill Gaara. I have to stop them or the village will be in even more peril.

I charged at Kankuro. Before he could whip out his puppet, I closed the distance and started throwing punches. He was doing everything just to dodge it.

He's a puppeteer. And that is a long distant battle form, they usually can't do close range as well. As long as I don't let him get too far, one hit should do it.

"Miyuna." I froze. Kankuro was only a few centimeters from me. Fear on his face. I slowly turned my head towards that voice.

There, I saw Shino.

He stood on the branch, just a bit away from us. "I never got to fight him." He stated. I stared at him for a little while longer before grinning. "Alright Abarame." I turned and jumped over Kankuro. "Ah! Miyu wait!"

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Shikamaru headed towards me. Tch. I glanced back angrily. "Get lost! Go back to the village, we were supposed to bring him back!" I shouted, annoyed.

I continued chasing Gaara and Temari. "What do you think you're doing? Kakashi-Sensei said-"

"Don't be stupid, we need to go back-"

"This is my fight Miyu-"

"Like I'd let you fight him alone!" My eye twitched as Sakura, Shikamaru, Sasuke, and Naruto all shouted at once.

God they are annoying! I froze and quickly whipped out a kunai and threw it back, deflecting the other one that was heading for Sasuke. "Shit. Six, seven, no, nine ninja heading our way." I grumbled.

Sasuke ran past me and towards Gaara. "Sasuke!" I shouted at his retreating back. Damn it all. I saw some of the ninja approaching. "Run!" I shouted at my friends. We ran forward. I turned and continued jumping backwards.

Quickly weaving the hand signs, I shot an attack. "Fire Style: Wall!" I shouted, creating a large fire wall. I turned forward and continued. "That should buy some time, but they'll catch us." I told the other three.

Shikamaru groaned. I turned a different direction, leading my friends. "Where are you going?" Naruto asked.

I moved faster. "You really think I'm going to lead them to Sasuke and Gaara?" I asked. They were silent a bit. I stiffened, still jumping. "They wall is down. They're on the move again." I warned.

What do we do? "As much as I like to believe I can take them all on, there are nine of them and they're probably Chunin or higher. I'm not that strong." I admitted.

Sakura looked worried, like I was their safe guard or something. Shikamaru sighed. "We are going to have to ambush them!" Naruto declared.

An ambush? That could work. Sakura voiced my thoughts. It could work. But . . . "They're probably Orochimaru's men. My money is them being all Jonin."

I can't even beat Kakashi-Sensei. "I don't get it." Naruto said. Shikamaru sighed and turned to us, still running.

"Yes, an ambush is a key battle tactic and can be very beneficial. But for it to work, you have to meet two conditions. Number One: The ninja on the run must be completely quiet. Find the enemy first. Number Two: They have to be able to catch the pursuers off guard at a location where they can do a lot of damage quickly, and then conceal themselves again just as quickly." Shikamaru explained.