Back in the Village: Too Much to Do, Not Enough Time!

"I said I'm sorry." Sasuke huffed, continuing his Taijutsu practice. "I'm fine." He lied. I snorted at that. "Yeah, and I'm Grandma Tsunade." I retorted. Groaning, I hung upside down from the branch I was sitting on.

"Come on, I didn't think it'd be so long. I had to bring her back so she could heal Kakashi-Sensei and Lee." I continued. He shot me a glare before continuing. Pouting I flipped onto my feet. "Fine, fine, whatever. I guess I'll go visit Lee until you stop being so stubborn." I grumbled.

He huffed childishly and continued. Geez. He's been ignoring me for three days now. Pouting childishly.

As I began to leave, my wrist was snatched. I glanced back to see Sasuke. "Sorry. I'm not really mad at you. I'm still . . . with Itachi and all."

Yeah . . . Itachi. No matter how hard I try to distract myself with something else, he always comes back up. "And he put you in that Genjutsu." He growled. Sasuke.

I pulled him to me and hugged him tightly. "I know. I don't know what to do either. But we'll get through this. We always do, right?" I pulled away, smiling. The corner of his lip twitched up and he nodded. "Yeah, you're right. If you want to visit Lee, go ahead, I need to train."

I immediately looked down sadly. Lee.

Tsunade said he can never be a ninja again. Lee's always worked hard to become a ninja. It's his dream. And for it to be crushed just like that.

Sasuke ruffled my hair, making me look up. "I know you're worried about him, and what Lady Tsunade said about him." I am worried. I'm sad. I'm sad for Lee. Because Lee . . . he's has a pure heart, and his honesty is refreshing. His kindness is encouraging, and he always knows how to lighten up the mood.

And now . . .

"It's okay Miyu. Let me finish practice and we'll go to Ichiraku afterwards." I nodded and headed out.

Lee.

As I walked through the village, I crossed paths with Sakura and Ino, both holding flowers. "Miyu, going to see Lee?" Sakura asked. I nodded my head. "Yeah. You guys too?" The two nodded and we walked together.

"I still can't believe you and Sasuke are going out." Ino said, slight jealousy in her tone. I laughed nervously as Sakura looked down. "I know right?"

The two had gloom surround them before it went away and they laughed. "But still, I guess if Sasuke's going to be with anyone, I'm kind of glad it's you." Ino said.

Really now, these two. A smile made its way onto my face before vanishing. "Grandma Tsunade told me about his chances of being a ninja." I said. This seemed to confuse the two. "What do you mean?" Sakura asked, worried.

"You didn't know?" I asked, confused. You would think Lee would have told Sakura. Considering he has a crush on her.

I stopped and looked down, sadness filling me. "Miyu?" Ino asked me tentatively. "Lee . . . his injuries are too great. He has bone fragments lodged in his spine. How he's moving around as much as he is, is a miracle."

Sakura gasped loudly, hand flying to her mouth. "There's a surgery that can fix him up. But there's only a 50% chance of success. But if it doesn't . . ."

I couldn't say it. "If it doesn't?" Ino asked. I bit my lip and looked up. "Lee can never be a ninja." Because he'd die. The two looked so shocked and defeated by the news.

I glanced at the two crestfallen faces. Smiling, I spoke. "C'mon. We can't visit Lee with gloomy faces right? He wouldn't like that. He'd love to see your beautiful smiles." I said.

The two blushed a bit. "Wow Miyu. You'd make lots of progress if you were a boy." I blinked before turning to stone. Is that so . . ?

"Miyuna." Hm? I turned to see Shizune. "Lady Tsunade needs to have a word with you." I sighed loudly. "Now?" I whined. She nodded. Groaning I turned to the two. "Can you give Lee my regards. Tell him I'm sorry, I can't visit him today."

They smiled. "Will do. See you later." Sakura waved and the two headed to the hospital. Letting out another sigh I turned to Shizune. "Alright, I'm coming, I'm coming."

What does she want now? Ever since we came back she's been making me do some weird errands. What the hell does she want now?

~Later that Night~

I trudged into Ichiraku, seeing Sasuke already there. I took a seat next to him. "Sorry I'm a little late. I grumbled. Slightly annoyed.

He raised an eyebrow. "What's up?" He asked curiously. I groaned and hit my head on the table. "The usual?" The owner asked. I gave him a thumbs up, still leaning my head on the table.

Suddenly Sasuke jabbed my side making me shoot up and squeal. I shot him a look and he just smirked. I sighed. "Grandma Tsunade is a pain in the ass." I grumbled. A bowl was set in front of me and I dug in.

"What happened this time?" Sasuke asked. I winced at the memory. "She was trying to teach me Medical Ninjutsu." I said.

"That doesn't sound bad." He said. I rolled my eyes and pointed at him with my chopsticks. "It's not. It's just I have no talent for it what so ever! So you know what she does? She flicks my forehead and sends me crashing. Crazy old hag." I muttered the last part angrily.

Sasuke chuckled at me, making him shoot him a look. This only made him chuckle more. Tch. Stupid cocky Uchiha.

"Tomorrow, she wants me to come back and train some more." I grumbled. Sasuke looked at me questioningly. "I thought you were fixing roofs around the village tomorrow." He said.

I nodded. "I am. And I'm going to need to work on that damn jutsu." I grumbled, slightly agitated over the fact I still haven't mastered Rasengan.

"The village still hasn't quite recovered. Everyone's putting in work." Sasuke said. I nodded before stifling my laughter. "Didn't you babysit a hoard of toddlers today?" Sasuke made a face and his shoulder slumped. "Don't remind me." He grumbled.

I chuckled at him and continued eating. Yes, we can't just sit around leisurely. We lost a lot of ninja in that attack. And we can't exactly refuse missions. That'll just be admitting that the Leaf is weak.

Everyone needs to chip in.

"Oh yeah, tomorrow's the ceremony for Tsunade as well. Naruto and Sakura wanted us to go all together. What do you say?" Sasuke nodded, finishing his ramen. "Sounds good."

Letting out a sigh, I thought back to gramps.

It's going to be weird, having a new Hokage. Since he is the only one I knew of. But Tsunade is a strong shinobi. Strongest in the village along with Jiraiya.

"Say, Sasuke." He glanced at me. "Do you think that our village will be okay?" I asked. He seemed confused by my question. "What do you mean?" He asked.

I thought about my wording. "Our Hokage died. They say those who fall can only climb back up, but did we fall far enough? Will we be okay, or will we face more trouble?"

He looked at his empty bowl thoughtfully. "I don't know. But I do know that as long as he's alive, I won't be able to climb back up."

An image of Itachi flashed across my mind.

That's right. Sasuke can never really move on until he passes the whole thing. But he's so dead set on killing him. I don't want Itachi to die.

Because I love him.