Akamaru Trembles: Gaara's Cruel Strength!

Naruto screamed and I immediately turned my head to see why. He in turned looked at Sakura, who was beside us, then around.

Then he flipped. "Everybody down! That grass ninja! Where could she be?" he was now crawling on the ground looking in every direction. "Naruto?" Sakura questioned. I sweat dropped at my brother and pulled away from Sasuke. I tried to stand but only fell back down.

Sasuke caught me and I cursed. Damn, still can't move so well.

Choji poked Naruto on the head with a stick. "You really are one of a kind. That's for sure. And I mean you're the kind that gets on my nerves." Choji nodded in agreement.

Naruto grumbled and turned to look our way. His gaze stopped on Sakura. "Oh no Sakura! Sakura, Sakura, Sakura! Something happened to your, I mean something seriously happened to your hair!" Naruto skidded in front of her. Oblivious of Sasuke and me.

Sakura gingerly touched her hair. "Oh, that's all." She turned his way and a weird expression crossed her face as she touched her hair. "I just wanted to . . . change my look." I looked at her. Liar. She's not going to tell him is she?

"I like it better long, but when I'm out in the wilderness like this and I'm moving around all the time, it gets in the way too much." Hm. Naruto hummed in understanding and turned my way. His eyes widened as he snatched me from Sasuke and shook me.

"Miyuna! You're wounded! You have bruises all over! What happened?!" He shrieked. I cringed at the soreness his shaking caused. But I decided to stick with Sakura's lie. "Oh well that's embarrassing. I wasn't paying attention and fell out of a tree. I hit a lot of branches on my way down and got the wind knocked out of me."

I rubbed the back of my head and laughed nervously. "Really?! Miyu you're not that good are you? Maybe the ninja world isn't your field." He said it jokingly, but worry was definitely laced in his words.  I laughed. "Yeah, I'm not the greatest ninja." I admitted. In truth I thought I was a damn good one.

But I couldn't let Naruto know what actually happened. "Don't worry, I'll protect you." He grinned. I smiled back at him.

Choji and Shikamaru walked up behind Naruto. "So what's your story? Why are you guys here in the first place? What's going on around here?" He questioned. They groaned. "Explaining everything to you is going to be a pain." Shikamaru grumbled.

I glanced at Sakura. If she didn't want him to know then I won't let him. "Well they just showed up actually. Since we don't have the scroll their looking for their not going to attack." I simply stated.

Naruto nodded, seeing it. I saw Lee's female teammate jump down in front of Ino. "I'll take care of him now Ino."

Ino nodded and handed her Lee. What Ten-Ten, I think is her name, did next surprised me. She shook him violently while screaming; "Come on Lee! Pull it together already! Snap out of it alright?!"

And it worked. Lee slumped to his knees and looked up at her. "Ten-Ten is that you? What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I came to help you out. What do you think?" Lee was still groggily but looked around. "Where are those sound ninja guys?" he asked. Ten-Ten told him that Sasuke had taken care of them. I chuckled and looked back at my brother and Sasuke.

Naruto then ran over to Lee. "Ah-ha! I know you bushy brows!" I grew an irk mark as did Sakura and we went over to Naruto. "Hey! Knock it off! You better not say anything bad about Lee!" Sakura roared as she punched him and sent him flying.

For once I was glad. I kneeled in front of Lee and smiled before kissing his cheek. "That was a thank you for protecting us. And look at that Sakura's defending you."

He had tears at the corner of his eyes and Sakura turned his way. "Lee. Thank you. Because of you I was able to stand up for myself. And I've become a little stronger."

Lee became an emotional wreck. "Thank you Sakura, Miyuna. But I guess my efforts alone were not good enough. So Sasuke, you are as good as your reputation. Just what you'd expect from the Uchiha clan. To chase off those ninja you must be very strong. Not like me I just got beaten to a pulp."

I felt bad for Lee and pointed towards Sasuke. "Lee, you did everything you could. And your efforts slowed them down and wore them out enough that Sasuke could defeat them." I said.

He considered it and seemed a bit happier about the news. Sasuke seemed surprised. Of course he would. He took care of them like it was nothing.

"Sakura, the lotus of the Leaf Village blooms twice. When we meet again, I'll have become a stronger ninja. I promise." I grinned and elbowed Sakura. "Lookie there. Sakura, say something encouraging." I whispered loudly.

She just smiled at him. Too bad she doesn't have any romantic feelings for him. "Hey Sakura! Come on over here! I want to fix your hair for you okay?!" Ino shouted. Sakura looked her way and smiled a bit. "Yeah I'd like that."

I smiled. Looks like their friendship never truly died. They just buried it alive; unaware it would dig itself out.

So Ino worked on her hair. Everything was relatively calm. I still couldn't feel my body, but it moved so that's a plus. However Sasuke thought differently and tossed my arm around his shoulder and held it along with my waist.

"Thanks'." I mumbled. He smiled and held me closer. "Of course."