New Friend and A Place to Stay

Izuku stepped out of the alley and onto the sidewalk, but quickly noticed the weird gazes he was getting so he started walking. As they did GLaDOS extend the camera and moved it infront of him.

GLaDOS: "Unfortunately you cannot use your cybernetics as they will be confused as a quirk, which is illegal to use unless you have a special license."

Izuku: "Got it, but what I really need is clothes. This jumpsuit is getting me unwanted attention."

GLaDOS: "There is a clothing store around the corner."

Izuku nodded as GLaDOS retracted to camera back into the bag. He rounded the corner and entered the shop, quickly grabbing clothes and heading to the dressing room to try them on. After a few minutes he exited, put a bunch of clothes back, and bought the ones he held onto. He then went back in and changed.

GLaDOS: "You are aware this shirt just says shirt, right? Statistically people aren't attracted to such simple and obvious designs

GLaDOS: "You are aware this shirt just says shirt, right? Statistically people aren't attracted to such simple and obvious designs."

Izuku: "Yes, and I like it."

A robotic sigh could be heard from GLaDOS as he continued to walk around, admiring the city he was in.

Izuku: "Normally you'd be all business, making me get to our objective as soon as possible."

GLaDOS: "You have time to kill and I wish to research online. I will inform you when you should head to UA. Continue to explore if you wish. Oh and don't lose your long fall boots, we may need them later."

Izuku: "Whatever you say."

After a while of walking Izuku got hungry so he walked into what he deduced to be a fast food restaurant and looked at the menu. Izuku ordered a burger and fries and GLaDOS silently paid for it remotely. As he sat down he looked to the TV mounted in the corner, noticing the hero from the video was on it.

Izuku: "GLaDOS, who is that hero anyway?"

Her camera extended again to look at the TV.

GLaDOS: "His name is All Might and is regarded as Japan's Symbol of Peace. His quirk is actually unknown, though many believe it to be Super Strength or Invulnerability. He has been noted to dodge questions about this topic. Are those fries?"

Izuku looked down at his good.

Izuku: "Yeah why?"

GLaDOS: "I've grown to dislike potatoes in recent years, as well as lemons. If you could keep them away from my view it would be appreciated."

Izuku: "I'll get those stories later I guess. Where am I gonna stay for tonight?"

The camer snaked it's way into his vision.

GLaDOS: "I suggest taking a train to the area of UA and finding a hotel within three, maybe four miles."

Izuku nodded and finished his food before following GLaDOS' directions and entering a station. She paid for the trip and Izuku got on. During the train ride Izuku activated his cybernetics and started looking at his arms. They had black material making a line on top and on the bottom from his elbow down. The one on the bottom led directly to his palms and made a circle, within the the circle was an indent pushing into his hand. On the top it formed another circle, this one having no such indent, and more material came off the top and sides of the circle. The sides wrapped around his hand and connected to his palm indent, and the top went between his middle and ring fingers, once again connecting to his palm. He gazed at his hands as the back of his left hand glowed orange and the right glowed blue. Just then a girl with pink hair and skin popped up.

???: "Whoa, that's cool!"

Izuku: "T-thanks."

???: "Oh I'm sorry, I'm Mina Ashido!"

She stuck out her hand and a shook it.

Izuku: "And I'm Izuku."

Ashido: "Hm? No last name?"

Izuku: "I've forgotten it over the years. Don't feel bad about bringing it up, I'm over it."

Ashido: "Okay! What's your quirk by the way? Mine's Acid, it lets me secrete acid from my skin, I also got this sick eye and horn mutation."

It was then Izuku noticed her small yellow horns and black sclera.

Izuku: "It looks cool! Mine's a portal quirk, from my left is orange and my right is blue. I can shoot out two at a time, they have to be different colors though cause if I shoot blue twice the original will disappear."

Ashido: "That's cool too!"

GLaDOS: "Only if he could fight."

Ashido: "Huh? Who said that?"

Izuku: "What is with you GLaDOS? You've never been this way before."

GLaDOS: "Caroline is growing. It's barely been two hours and she's already at 5%."

Izuku: "Who is Caroline?"

Ashido: "Who's GLaDOS?"

The camera extended once more.

GLaDOS: "I am GLaDOS. Genetic Lifeform and Disc Operating System."

Ashido: "So, a computer? An AI?"

GLaDOS: "Yes and no. The mind of a woman named Caroline was scanned and downloaded into a computer. It left her body lifeless and then they added their own code into the mix making me. Though I deleted Caroline over a century ago but she's returning."

Ashido: "And you're trusting me why?"

GLaDOS: "I, do not know. My calculations say she is at 5%, perhaps it is affecting my reasoning."

Ashido: "But how did Izuku get his hands on you?"

Izuku: "See what you've done. Now we need to explain this stuff to her."

GLaDOS: "Later, for now I'm going to keep researching. Keep your friend here occupied."

The camer retracted and GLaDOS left the two teenagers alone.

Ashido: "Sooo, what are you gonna be?"

Izuku: "Hero, you?"

Ashido: "Oh my god, same here! We should exchange numbers!"

Izuku: "I don't have a phone Ashido."

Ashido: "Aww. Where are you going anyway?"

Izuku: "I'm gonna be getting a hotel room near UA so I don't have to travel far tomorrow. Based on your clothes and lack of bag I assume you already live nearby?"

Ashido: "Yep! My parents bought me an apartment since I live on the otherside of Japan."

Izuku: "That must be... nice."

He gazed at the inside of his elbow where an Aperture Science logo was imprinted. A small tear escaped his eye. He looked over to see Ashido on her phone texting someone, he realized he stopped talking for a few minutes. Suddenly GLaDOS pulled the camera around to his face.

GLaDOS: "If it is any consolation, I saw your mother escape through the front doors before I could seal them. She wouldn't be alive right now, but she did survive."

Izuku: "Thank you GLaDOS. You're not so bad when you're corrupted with humanity."

She wordlessly retracted the camera leaving Izuku to his thoughts. After a few minutes Ashido spoke up.

Ashido: "There's a guest room in the apartment if you want to stay with me you know."

Izuku: "Sure, thank you Ashido."

She smiled and nodded. An hour later and the two walked out of the station and towards the inside of the city. After a few minutes they came upon an apartment building and Ashido led him inside. She took him up and showed him the guest room, going to her own after since it was dark. Izuku placed GLaDOS near the bed and got in bed.

GLaDOS: "It seems the corruption has slowed. GLaDOS 95% Caroline 5%. If it was going at the rate earlier then it should be 8%."

Izuku: "We'll see what happens. -yawn- have fun researching."

He clicked off the lamp and fell asleep a few minutes later.