Getting To Camp

It had been a couple weeks since the invasion of Aperture Science. It seemed that Ms. Midoriya had slunk back into the shadows to wait for another chance rather than actively hunt down the group. Peculiarly, Hawks had dissappeared from public view for a week. Izuku and GLaDOS had a feeling they knew why. Him letting the group slip between his fingers was bound to anger the woman more than GLaDOS making the teleport machine.

The day after, when classes started back up, Izuku had brought what he knew to Aizawa and Nezu, both of which were equally surprised and not shocked. If she really was alive for those three centuries, the smartest thing she could've done was make her way to the top of the most influential organization in the country.

Due to the event and the level of quick thinking and quirk usage the four students had made, Izuku, GLaDOS, Kirishima, and Todoroki were all exempt from the practical portion of the final exam. They still had to take the written portion though, but the four passed that easily. It wasn't until after the exam that they found out that they had to either fight or escape the teachers who all had extra weights as a handicap.

Now, the while class was sitting on a bus, miles away from the city. Instead of an ordinary summer vacation, they would be attending a secluded training camp. Izuku was gazing out the window, remembering something the GLaDOS had wanted to show him and the others the day before the trip.

---

Izuku walked into the support lab to see Ashido, Todoroki, Kirishima, Nezu, and Aizawa surrounding GLaDOS who was sitting at a workbench. He walked over to them.

Izuku: "G, we're all here. What was it you wanted to show us?"

She turned around and raised the pair of giggles she was wearing to her forehead.

GLaDOS: "Something amazing. Come here."

Izuku stepped closer and peered around her to see eight objects, seven seemed to be bracelets of some kind and the other was a cylinder. She turned back around to present them.

GLaDOS: "As you all may recall, I was able to create a one time teleporter back in Aperture."

Izuku: "Yeah. It was based off what you already made for me back during the internships."

GLaDOS nodded.

GLaDOS: "Right. But those worked off of large amounts of residual energy, not active sources."

She gestured to the cylinder.

GLaDOS: "This here is what I like to call the Aperture Science Teleportation Anchor, or ASTA for short. It constantly radiates the energy signature any of Aperture's more advanced technologies give off. Once it's powered of course."

Now that Izuku looked at it closer, he could tell it had that classic Aperture white and the shell texture. She then gestured to the bracelets.

GLaDOS: "These, are the Aperture Science Teleportation Beacons. They keep track of both your location and that of the Anchor. Unfortunately they do have a range, and a rather small one at that. If you leave the city, then the Beacons cannot pickup the Anchor's signal from here."

Aizawa: "Why not?"

GLaDOS: "There's quite a few reasons, but the main one is their sizes. With such small Beacons, they can only transmit so far."

Nezu picked up one of the bracelets.

Nezu: "Still, these are revolutionary."

---

Izuku looked at his wrist to see his own Beacon. They may not work outside the city, but it was better than nothing. He leaned away from the window and looked to GLaDOS, who was sleeping peacefully next to him. He wondered how it felt for her to feel sleep for the first time. There was a lot things she hadn't experienced until given her body. Her body, yes, it was her body. Not a body she was forced into, not one she had no say in. She made this body to suit her, to look how she wanted to.

He looked her over. Her skin was a pale white along with her hair. Originally he had thought that was because the body was new and not used to life yet, though he knew that's how she saw herself. Her eyes were a bright yellow as well. In the end, she still held onto her original mechanical body. She wasn't Caroline after all, she was a mash up of the woman and the code she was introduced to.

The bus they were riding in pulled onto the side of the road and Aizawa stood up.

Aizawa: "Alright! Everyone off the bus!"

Several students were shaken by their classmates to wake them up as the class got off the bus. As the last student got off, a black car pulled up in front of the bus. Aizawa walked over to it as the doors opened and three people stepped out. Two women in cat-like outfits, one blue, one red, and a kid with a hat on.

Red: "Lock on with these sparkling gazes!"

Blue: "Stingingly cute and cat like!"

The two the struck a pose together.

Both: "The Wild Wild Pussycats!"

GLaDOS: "I researched them back before I got my body! These are Mandalay and Pixie-Bob of the Wild Wild Pussycats! They're a four person rescue team that's been in action for almost twelve ye-"

A paw-like glove with claws was immediately pressed onto her face. The culprit was an angry looking Pixie-Bob.

Pixie-Bob: "I'm 18 at heart. Respect your elders."

GLaDOS: *Muffled* "I could say the same to you."

The glove was removed.

Pixie-Bob: "What?"

Aizawa: "Don't ask. It's.... complicated."

The one known as Mandalay spoke up.

Mandalay: "Hello students of Class 1-A! I'm Mandalay, and I'd like to welcome you all to the training camp. See all this forest past this cliff?"

The class nodded.

Mandalay: "That's our property which means you can use your quirk everywhere. Now, if you look in the distance over there."

She pointed out towards the forest to a building the class could barely see.

Mandalay: "That is the camp. It should take you around two and a half hours to get there."

Pixie-Bob: "Any longer and you kittens don't get any lunch!"

Ashido: "Huh? What do they mean by that?"

Kirishima: *Yelling* "Get back on the bus!"

The class turned around to run to the bus, but Pixie-Bob cut them off and touched the ground.

Pixie-Bob: "See you in a couple hours!"

The ground around them surged and flowed towards them, making a wave of dirt. They were flung from the cliff and down into the forest.

Mandalay: *Yelling* "Beware of the beasts! They're not exactly friendly!"

The class stood up and faced the forest. Their journey to camp had just begun.