Sports Festival Pt. 3

A knock was heard at the door of the commentators' booth. Since Aizawa was sleeping, Present Mic answered. When he opened it, he noticed Izuku was on the other side.

Present Mic: "Well hello there little listener! How can I help you?"

Izuku: "I was wondering if I could see GLaDOS for a minute."

Present Mic: "No can do! No students allowed inside until after the festival ends!"

Izuku could tell the man lying, though he could also tell that GLaDOS wasn't in the room.

Izuku: "Right, well when she gets back, tell her I said hi."

Present Mic looked startled that Izuku saw through his attempt to get him to leave but relented.

Present Mic: "She'll be brought to you when it's over."

Izuku nodded and thanked the man before walking off. Present Mic then went back to his seat, making sure the sound settings were at the right volume.

Present Mic: "Most first years wouldn't see past that."

Aizawa: "He isn't most first years. His intellect is that of a grown adult, his problem solving skills are on par with Nezu, and his on the fly planning rivals that of top pros. The only aspect of him that's at first year level is his combat skill, and even then he'll far surpass his class at hand to hand in a matter of months."

Present Mic: "Sounds like you're playing favorites."

Aizawa shrugged.

Aizawa: "Maybe I am, but that means nothing. He got those gels specifically for this event. He knew his portals were outmatched so he adapted. That's his true power, the ability to adapt faster than any of us."

---

Present Mic: "For our first match, Portal Master Izuku, versus, the Sleepy Studier Hitoshi Shinso!"

The two walked onto the concrete arena and stood across from each other.

Midnight: "Are you two ready!?"

They nodded and she swung her arm down.

Midnight: "Start!"

Shinso: "So, did the monkey say anything to you?"

Izuku was about to respond when he thought of something.

Izuku: 'Why would he trash talk Ojiro? He has no reason. No reason unless his quirk needs a response.'

Izuku stayed silent and charged the purple haired boy. He sent a punch to his chest which Shinso barely avoided, then he stepped forward and used his other arm to punch. This one knocked Shinso out of the arena.

Midnight: "Shinso is out of bounds! Izuku wins!"

Izuku walked over and helped him up.

Izuku: "Maybe don't make your strategy so obvious. Other than that you would've done great if you trained physically."

Shinso: "I see."

He then walked off back through his tunnel, leaving Izuku to go back through his own. Izuku went up and sat in the 1-A seats to wait for his next match.

---

It was the final match of the Sports Festival, and Izuku was fighting Bakugo. His his fights with Tetsutetsu and Iida having been similar to his first. Izuku dodged an explosion as he was fighting Bakugo. He wasn't doing well either as the top of his PE uniform was nothing but cinders on the ground at that point. Bakugo was keeping his distance and staying off the ground to avoid falling into portals. The only chance Izuku had at this point was the gels.