Hangout and Talk

It had been nearly a week since the first day of UA, and now it was the weekend. Izuku and Ashido were sitting in the living room bored out of their minds with GLaDOS leaning against the couch. The only thing keeping them anywhere near entertained was seeing how loud they could groan from boredom.

GLaDOS: "You two do realize that as a part of my testing protocols I need to know the psychology of different ages right?"

Ashido: "What does that have anything to do with our situation!?"

GLaDOS: "That means I'm required to have forms of entertainment in my systems to keep test subjects' morals up and don't kill themselves."

Izuku: "So what do you have?"

GLaDOS: "Many Pre-Quirk Era video games and some modern ones."

Izuku: "Like COD?"

Ashido: "What's COD?"

GLaDOS: "Call of Duty, a massively popular first person shooter franchise. Though the severs for every game have long since been taken down, local play should still be possible."

Ashido: "Cool! But what will we use? We don't have controllers."

GLaDOS: "I have already put out an express order for a few when I started talking. They should be here in a couple hours."

Izuku: "A few? There's only me and Ashido."

GLaDOS: "I also contacted four of your classmates, Ochaco Uraraka, Katsuki Bakugo, Denki Kaminari, and Tsuyu Asui. They have each stated they're coming over."

Ashido: "Wow! You think of everything! Thanks GLaDOS!"

Izuku: "What's the corruption at?"

GLaDOS: "You're welcome Ashido. Scanning. GLaDOS: 80%, Caroline: 20%. Corruption still hasn't sped up since the first day."

Izuku: "Hm. Maybe it's supernatural, like since you're technically her, the spirit is still attached or something."

GLaDOS: "Ordinarily I'd fight you on that, but so far that's the only logical explanation for this."

A few hours later, after the controllers showed up, the classmates GLaDOS invited showed up. Izuku heard the knock and opened it, finding a group of surprised faces.

Uraraka: "Izuku, what are you doing here?"

Izuku: "Uh, I live here."

Tsu: "But Ashido lives here Izuku. -kero-"

Izuku sighed and let them in, giving them, minus Uraraka who had already guessed why, an explanation about why he was there. He lead them to the living room where Ashido had just finished hooking GLaDOS up to the TV.

Ashido: "Hey guys! C'mon let's do this! You four can go first!"

Ashido gave them the controllers as GLaDOS booted up one of the last games in the franchise Call of Duty: Vanguard. Izuku and Ashido stood off to the side watching. It was clear Bakugo was the most competitive, but surprisingly Uraraka had been showing the best gameplay out of the four. After about half an hour Kaminari and Tsu gave Ashido and Izuku their controllers as they got up to get snacks. Izuku had managed to beat Uraraka a few times but the brown haired girl still reigned supreme.

It was getting late, they group had gone through a few other games GLaDOS had, including another Pre-Quirk Era game known as Minecraft, which everyone generally liked. Tsu even built a frog statue, which was the best looking build any of them had made. The small group got up from their seats and placed the controllers on a table.

Bakugo: "Y'know, Racoon Eyes and Hole Arms, it wasn't that bad. Invite me again so I can kick your sorry asses again!"

With that he left, and the other three left with similar, but far more polite goodbyes. Ashido closed the door as Izuku started to plug GLaDOS from the TV.

GLaDOS: "Wait!"

Izuku stopped and Ashido ran over when she heard GLaDOS talk.

Izuku: "What is it?"

GLaDOS: "Could we maybe play a little more? I know this sounds weird coming from me, but it seemed fun and I want to try."

Izuku smiled and nodded, picking up two controllers and handing one to Ashido.

Izuku: "Sure, let's go."

Izuku wasn't sure, but he could swear he heard some sound come from GLaDOS' bag. She started up Vanguard again and loaded herself in with Izuku and Ashido joining shortly after. As it turns out, GLaDOS was amazing at every game they played, though that could be because of her being a super smart computer.

After an hour they finally stopped and Izuku made dinner. After they ate Izuku just went to his room with GLaDOS to spend the next few hours alone. He was on his bed and on his phone, which GLaDOS basically forced him to get, when he heard a sigh come from the bag.

Izuku: "What's up? You're acting moody. It's weird."

GLaDOS: "It's just. You could've easily thrown me away, why haven't you?"

Izuku: "Because, no one, not even you, should be abandoned like that. Besides, you're the only one I had to talk to for years, whether I like it or not, I've grown attached. And with this new you, I feel like you shouldn't be judged for past mistakes, not when you were basically a different person, computer, thing."

GLaDOS: "Thank you, Izuku."

Izuku: "No problem. Though I am worried."

GLaDOS: "About what?"

Izuku: "You."

He rolled over and grabbed the bag from the floor, bringing it up to the bed. He set it down and GLaDOS' camera came out.

GLaDOS: "Why?"

Izuku: "This whole Caroline corruption thing. It's clearly bothering you somewhat, why is that?"

GLaDOS: "Back when I was colder, even with the personality cores I was so inhuman. When Chell killed me and reawoke me, nothing changed other than my intelligence returning to full after Wheatley was disconnected. Back then Caroline was at 100% the entire time. Even when I let Chell go I only barely felt any compassion, then I deleted Caroline and nothing happened. But now that she's partially back I'm finally having emotions."

Izuku: "So you're worried that 100% Caroline will make you fall back to your old ways. What's the corruption at?"

GLaDOS: "Scanning. GLaDOS: 70%, Caroline: 30%. It quickened when the others were here but slowed back down after we finished playing. Being honest? I'm scared."

The camera tilted down as if it was sad so Izuku picked up the bag and hugged it.

Izuku: "I promise I'll help figure this out. Just let me know when it accelerates again."

GLaDOS: "Once again, Thank you. Now it's already ten, you should get some rest for UA tomorrow. Remember it's gonna be the first practical lesson."

Izuku nodded and put her down.

Izuku: "Goodnight GLaDOS."

GLaDOS: "Goodnight Izuku."