Who Are You?

Ms. Midoriya: "I-Izuku?"

That voice. There wasn't anyone he knew who sounded like that, yet He swore he could recognize it, but he couldn't place his finger where. It's tone, the weight of his name, it was like it was ingrained into his head. Who was this person?

He began to turn around, slowly. As he did he was able to take in the look of the office. Multiple book shelves, filled to the brim with physics books, hero law codes, and several other professional books one could find in any office. The floor, while it looked to have been cleaned recently, was covered in ink stains from what had to have been thrown pens. Then his eyes landed on the logo on the only blank part of the wall he had seen. It was the symbol of the Hero Public Safety Commission and he had just landed in the president's office. He continued to turn, not paying attention to any other decor in the room. Why was he here? How did the president of the HPSC have Aperture technology? Who were they?

He soon got his answer as he finished turning around and peered into a set of eyes which sported the exact shade of green his did. There were many more similarities that Izuku could spot. Though it made sense, he was staring at his mother's face after all. The only difference he could see between back in the past and now, were the lines on her face and the Aperture logo on her cheek, both similar to the ones on his arms. But....

Izuku: "This is impossible, my mother escaped the facility, GLaDOS told me as much and I know she wouldn't lie to me about this. So who are you?"

Ms. Midoriya: "I-I-Izuku? What are you talking about? It's me."

Ms. Midoriya took a step forward. In response Izuku activated his enhancements. The lines on his arms glowing their respective colors, he raised them up and aimed them at her.

Izuku: *Yelling* "Not a step closer! I know what portals do to humans and I know you do too! Tell me why you're using my mom's face before I make you pay for it!"

Ms. Midoriya: "B-but I'm not using a face, it's mine. I am your mother."

Izuku: "Bullshit. She escaped the day GLaDOS sealed Aperture off. That was three centuries ago. It's impossible for her to be alive."

Her face hardened into a bitter frown.

Ms. Midoriya: "Well then. If you won't just listen to me, I'll make you."

Her eyes, Aperture logo, and two circles began to glow a bright green. Suddenly his arms were surrounded in energy of the same color and wisps of it were lifting items from around the room.

Ms. Midoriya: "I was a scientist. Top of the line, the best Aperture had. If you believe I don't know how to preserve myself, then you're wrong my dear. I was also the one who created the earliest prototypes of project DEKU's cybernetics, so you best believe I kept working."

Izuku: "W-why can't my arms move!?"

Ms. Midoriya: "Do you like it? An upgraded version of the Selective Levitation Emitter merged with my cybernetic technology creates near-perfect telekinesis. I don't need any silly hand movements or worry about getting a fever unlike with quirks. The only weakness?"

She pointed to the Aperture logo on her cheek.

Ms. Midoriya: "The Power Conductor chip. All Aperture technologies have them. They don't work without them. The same could be said for your arms there Izuku."

The green energy around his arms disappeared.

Ms. Midoriya: "But I won't take them. I don't feel like depriving my son of his arms. Unlike a certain mechanical monstrosity."

She laid the other items she picked up back down and walked towards Izuku. She reached him, placed a hand on his shoulder, and smiled.

Ms. Midoriya: "I'm so thankful you get teleported here Izuku. Now we can finally be-"

Izuku mumbled something. Ms. Midoriya couldn't quite hear him. She put her finger under his chin and lifted his head to look at her.

Ms. Midoriya: "Speak up dear. It's rude to mumble."

Izuku: "I said take it back."

Ms. Midoriya: "Take what back? That GLaDOS is a mechanical monstrosity? Well she is. Frankly I'm surprised you don't think so considering everything she's done."

Izuku: *Yelling* "And what if she's changed!?"

Ms. Midoriya began to back up as Izuku stepped towards her.

Ms. Midoriya: *Yelling* "She hasn't! She can't change! She's a machine!"

Izuku: *Yelling* "No she's not! She's a human being stuffed into a jumble of code and snipped away at until she became the perfect science machine! I don't know what YOU think she is, but she's far from the person who blindly followed Cave Johnson! From what I see, she has more humanity in her than you!"

This left Ms. Midoriya stunned.

Izuku: "You aren't my mother. It may be the same body, but my mother was always willing to give people second chances. She always helped others even if it lead to her detriment. The Inko Midoriya I know and love is the kind of person I aspire to be. I know GLaDOS did terrible things, but even she deserves a second chance. I gave one to her, and she became someone worthy to become a hero as well as someone I love and trust. Next time, before you resort to blowing up giant facilities underneath cities, think about whether or not the ones you love would be proud of you."

He walked over to a window and opened it.

Izuku: "Until next time, Madame President."

Izuku portaled out of the building, leaving Ms. Midoriya alone to contemplate his words.