Understanding

Izuku was sitting on one side of his bed, GLaDOS was on the other side, camera extended and looking at him. He reached over and grabbed the bag, bringing it closer to him.

Izuku: "You wanna talk about it?"

GLaDOS: "Not really. But I suppose I can't keep to myself forever."

Izuku: "Just talk when you're ready. I'm all ears."

He placed a comforting hand on the bag.

GLaDOS: "I can't feel that, but thank you for the thought."

GLaDOS let out the sound of a sigh.

GLaDOS: "I just. I don't know. Why? Why am I like this? Why Caroline? Why not someone else? Why are you being nice to me? After everything I've done I deserve your hate. I NEED to know."

Izuku: "Well I can't answer all of those, but I can answer one. I'm being nice to you because I don't hate you, no matter how much you deserve it."

GLaDOS: "Why? I took you as an eight year old child, kept you prisoner, and subjected you to tests no one should have to go through. Why don't you hate me?"

Izuku: "Because, that wasn't the current you, the you who regrets it all, the you who would go back and change it everything."

GLaDOS: "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

Izuku picked up the bag and hugged it.

Izuku: "I know you are, but I also know you still have something else on your mind."

GLaDOS wrapped the camera around his shoulders as her own hug and brought it up to face him again.

GLaDOS: "I'm. I'm scared."

Izuku: "Of what?"

GLaDOS: "Of. Damn this is embarrassing. Of losing you and Ashido. But mainly you."

The camera then unwound itself from Izuku's shoulders.

Izuku: "And why is that?"

GLaDOS: "You two, especially you, are my first actual friends. And I know you'll eventually have your own life and I'd just be in the way, but I don't want to let you go. I'm also scared that I'm going to outlive you."

Izuku: "I'd never wish to set you aside okay? If I live my life, you'll be alongside me every step of the way. Okay?"

She used the camera to nod.

Izuku: "Sadly I don't think anything can be done about the outliving me thing right now."

GLaDOS: "Do you think, maybe me and a few of your classmates could be friends?"

Izuku chuckled.

Izuku: "Yeah, definitely GLaDOS."

GLaDOS: "Do you want to be a hero now? I know you only went at first because I told you, but now, has that changed?"

Izuku went quiet as he thought about it.

Izuku: "Yeah, it has. I want to be a hero, I want to help people."

GLaDOS: "Good, I'm glad you have something you want Izuku. Just be safe about it, please."

Izuku: "I will, I promise. Though I WILL act if I need to, but I'll try."

GLaDOS: "As long as you try. Now you should set me down and get to sleep for school tomorrow."

He got up and left to get ready for bed. He came back after a few minutes but instead of putting her on the floor, Izuku just laid down, turned off the light, and flipped around to face her bag.

Izuku: "You're staying in here for tonight. I think you need the closeness."

He didn't hear any objections so he smiled and fell asleep after a few minutes. The camera snaked out only a couple inches/centimeters so she could see him.

GLaDOS: 'What is this, this feeling?'

---

The next day Izuku and Ashido had to stay back in class after everyone else left, not because Aizawa wanted them, but because of Wheatley. The small sphere found his way to the podium where the two students stood.

Wheatley: "Okay, here goes. You with the green hair, who are you?"

Izuku: "Well my name's Izuku, as you know. But you might know me better as Test Subject number 6401, otherwise known as the only Test Subject to survive project Deku."

Wheatley: "What!? But the rest of the subjects were nothing but vegetables! How did you survive!?"

Izuku: "Simple, I was in a stasis bed in a testing track rather than one of the relaxation vaults. But, there's someone who I think wants to talk.to you."

Wheatley squinted in suspicion.

Wheatley: "Who?"

Izuku: "An old friend, and no it's not chell somehow."

He tapped the bag and Glados sent out the camera.

Wheatley: "And who are yo-"

GLaDOS: "Hello Moron."

Wheatley: "Oh this is just great. Hiii boss. U-uh, how's life?"

GLaDOS: "Actually, not bad. Now see, originally I wanted to prolong my reveal a little longer, but certain, circumstances, have pushed it a little sooner."

Wheatley: "And what are these, 'circumstances'?"

GLaDOS: "I am no longer in charge of the facility as you can see. But because of that, a certain corruption of my systems has started, one that's making me more human."

Wheatley scoffed.

Wheatley: "And I'm supposed to believe that!? You! The big bad GLaDOS, human!? Ha! Don't make me laugh. I'd ditch her if I were you Izuku."

Izuku punched the the metal sphere.

Wheatley: "Oww! What was that for!?"

Izuku: "For saying that to my friend."

Wheatley: "Ha! Friend!? She's just using you boy, like how she used me and Chell and every other bloody Test Subject!"

Grabbed him and ripped him from his rail.

Izuku: "You listen here, she may have done that, but I've seen how she acts now, she has changed."

GLaDOS: "Izuku, let it go. I want to show him the 'incident' from yesterday."

Izuku: "Are you sure? It's still fresh, hell it might not even work."

GLaDOS: "I'm sure."

Izuku nodded as the camera started projecting a recording of her panic attack the previous day, though some parts like the Cave Johnson clips had been cut out, it was clear she wasn't ready to show the whole thing to anyone. Admittedly, even she knew it wasn't the best idea and that it was probably too early, but these were her feelings, ones she just got back, and she would show them how she wanted.

Wheatley watched as she freaked out, yelling and her robotic voice carrying a sad tone, he even saw when Izuku was able to calm her down. Once the video was done he looked back up at her and the two students.

Wheatley: "Why show me?"

GLaDOS: "To. To prove that even with my newfound humanity and feelings, I still hold a grudge. I've forgiven Chell for killing me, I have even before I gained these feelings. But you." *Yelling* "You and your moronic ways nearly ended me, Chell, Izuku, AND the city the facility sits under! I'm surprised UA is still standing! You should've stayed in space!"

She took a second to calm down and spoke back up before he could offer a rebuttal.

GLaDOS: "But, if even I can change, then so can you. One chance, that's all you get, and if me and Izuku don't like what we see, you're going to android hell in Aperture. Understand me?"

Wheatley, now thoroughly scared, merely nodded as they turned and walked out to enjoy the rest of their day.