Soulmates

Abby searched through her drawers until she found what she was looking for. Grabbing the beautiful ruby ring Steven had gifted her when they were vacationing in Wisconsin dells, the ring he had claimed was a promise ring, she slipped it back on her finger and then cried her heart out.

A feeling of love and commitment engulfed her as soon as she wore the ring, and she felt Steven. Closing her eyes she called out his name in desperation, "Steven," she whispered, in case her mother heard her, "why have you forsaken me, you promised to love me forever!"

Oh God, she thought, this feeling in the pit of her stomach she always felt, would it ever go away, or was she doomed to feel lost and alone for the rest of her life!

Taking another look at the sparkling ruby ring, Abby promised herself that she would never remove the ring until it was replaced with an engagement ring from Steven. She would hold that though in her heart and hopefully manifest it. He would come back for her, she could feel it in her heart, he will come back and sweep her off her feet and profess his love for her!

"Steven. Steven. Steven!" She cried.

****************

Steven whirled around and his eyes searched the streets of California, it was her, he heard her call his name he was sure of it, but all he saw were strangers in the street going about their daily business.

Was he going crazy? Was he insane? He knew without a doubt he heard her voice calling out to him. Dismissing it quickly from his mind, Steven hurried along to the doctors office where Anthony and Bella were waiting for him.

When he opened the double glass doors and walked through the lobby he found his friend and his girlfriend sitting and having a deep discussion. Anthony was the first to see him, but when he looked up at Steven there were black circles under his eyes and he definitely looked depressed.

Worried, Steven rushed to their side and sat down next to Anthony, "What happened?"

"Nothing happened yet," Anthony replied, "we are waiting to see the doctor."

"Why are there dark circle under your eyes?" Steven asked carefully.

"Why are you such a jerk?" Anthony snapped.

Steven let out a harsh sigh and rephrased his question, "Yoy look like you haven't slept, are you all right?"

"He hasn't slept for two days," Bella cut in and said, "he is in denial and someone needs to point out to him that he needs help!"

"Would you two stop talking about me as if I was not here," Anthony snapped, "I'm just fine, and I can't believe I allowed you two to drag me here!"

"Look Anthony, we love you and want to make sure you are ok," Steven explained, "we want to see you smile and be your good old self again."

Anthony was about to snap back a retort when from the corner of his eyes he saw Claire rush through the lobby and head their way. His eyes opened up wide and his hands started to shake which didn't go unnoticed by Bella to her dismay.

"Anthony!" Claire squealed happily, and threw herself on him when he stood to greet her, "I have missed you!"

Steven watched the exchanged and an image of Abby entered his mind, but he quickly brushed that aside and stood, "Me and Bella are going to go and get some coffee, would you two like some too?"

"No we're good," Anthony said, before he threw his attention back to Claire.

Steven grabbed Bella by the arm and pulled her with him, "Come on let's go."

As they walked away, Bella through a quick look behind her just as Claire kissed Anthony on the cheek.

"Don't look back Bella, unless you want to be disappointed." Steven warned, "those two have been friends since high school, they have a history together and they have formed a special bond between them."