The Funeral

A few days later everyone was exhausted and feeling depleted. They were all together and trying to gather their thoughts as the day of the funeral was approaching.

"One more day." Jacob announced, "I'm glad we got everything taken care of."

"I'm exhausted," Carol said, and leaned her head on Jacob's shoulder."

"Yes we all are," Bella wiped the tears from her eyes, "and I can't thank you all enough, I wouldn't have been able to do this by myself."

Abby remained quiet, disturbed that Steven hadn't shown his face the entire week after that night where she wasn't able to go to him. Moss tagged himself along the entire time giving a helping hand and being very compassionate and understanding to each and every one who was in attendance.

"I don't know if tomorrow I will be able to deal with seeing Anthony placed in his plot." Bella cried.

Claire couldn't help but cry her heart out which started a string of sobs around the room.

"What time does it start tomorrow?" Moss asked.

"Nine o' clock sharp," Jacob answered, "but we should be there an hour ahead to make sure everything is perfect.

"Me and Carol are going to head out, it's been a most heartbreaking and sad day and I'm sure we will all need our rest to prepare for tomorrow." Jacob lifted himself to his feet and held out his hand for Carol to take.

They hugged everyone and then Bella escorted them out. When she closed the door, she smiled weakly and said, "I'm sure you all need to go too, don't worry I'll be fine. You will need to rest and save your energy for tomorrow, it's going to be a very long day."

They all said their goodbyes to Bella and exited the condo each in their own thoughts.

"Are you ok?" Moss asked Abby, as soon as he closed the door to their hotel room and Claire had gone to her own room.

"I'm a little tired, and Bella is right we need to rest for tomorrow, it's going to be a gut wrenching day ."
She hinted, and prayed he would not bother her for sex.

Moss took the hint and released a long, harsh breath, he was going to demand they make love as soon as they go back to Massachusetts, he thought, the dry spell had been going on for too long and it was time she preformed her wifely duties.

**************
The next day they all met at the funeral eight o' clock sharp, only Steven was missing. When they walked inside the huge parlor they saw how beautiful it was decorated. All around the room was a mass amount of flowered reefs. The aroma of roses and carnations was strong.

At the front of the room was a dark cherry, carved casket and Anthony lay peacefully inside of it. Claire was the first to reach it and she kneeled before it and cried her heart out, Bella followed after her and wailed out loud which made everyone else in attendance cry too.

"Anthony why have you left me!" Bella cried, "why would you do that, you haven't even lived your life yet, my love"

A short time later Anthony's family came and they were all in deep mourning. His mother who was dressed in black from head to toe walked up to the casket and cried her heart out. No one in attendance had a dried eye.

Soon the room started to fill up, hundreds came to mourn Anthony. There were so many people that the room could not accommodate them and they had to stand in line outside for their turn.

Steven had organized the entire event, including the luncheon that followed afterwards at the Ritz Carlton hotel, one of the luxurious hotels in California. Steven spared no expense, he wanted everything to be perfect for his best friends funeral.