It's Complicated

When Steven came back he was mentally tired and just wanted to rest his mind, but when he walked through the door and noticed that Alice, Lily and Abby had banded together in the sitting room and had sided against him, he blew out a harsh breath.

"Daddy you own mommy an apology!" Stephan called out, as soon as his eyes fell on his father.

Steven ignored him and walked into the kitchen to get himself an aspirin and a glass of water. He was getting a severe headache and knew that if he didn't hurry he would end up suffering the rest of the day and there was no time to waste like that when he had a million and one things he needed to do on his computer.

John nodded to the woman, as he passed them by and followed Steven into the kitchen, "Can I get you anything boss?"

Steven shook his head, swallowed two aspirins and drank the entire glass of water.

"Daddy you promised yesterday to take me to the zoo today but you lied!" Stephan pouted.

Closing his eyes, Steven leaned against the counter and tried to relax his mind. His sons chattering made the headache worse.

"We will go when I return from California."

"You lied to me!" Stephan yelled.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean too, I promise to...."

"You're a liar!" Stephan screamed.

"Stop it!" Steven yelled, "don't you ever disrespect me like that again!"

"I hate you!" Stephan cried, before he ran out of the kitchen and went crying to his room.

The headache got worse, it felt as if a hammer was smashing him on the head.

"Are you alright?" John asked, "you don't look too well."

Ignoring him, Steven walked away, and headed to the sitting room where the ladies sat together and seemed to be plotting against him. "Abby come with me please I need to talk to you."

Lifting herself to her feet, she followed after Steven to the bedroom where he closed the door and turned to face her, "I'm leaving tomorrow for California instead of Thursday, I can get more work done if I go early, I also have to stop to check out a few houses that I have been looking at."

"Yes. right" Abby said ironically.

And that was the final straw that broke the camels back, "Stop it!" He warned.

"Why so you can leave when ever it suits you while I stay behind trying to raise your kids?" Abby snapped, "so you can explore Carmel by the sea without me, is Victoria going to come with you?"

Steven closed his eyes, he was not in the mood to listen to Abby's jealous outburst, his head was pounding with pain and he needed her for once to be understanding.

"I'm doing this for you and the kids." He told her.

Abby laughed, "of course you are."

Grabbing her by the shoulders he shook her gently, "Why can't you just trust me Abby."

"How can I trust you, you're leaving me to be with Victoria!"

"Stop it!" He yelled, and then he let her go, "you do this to yourself!" He told her when he saw her tears, "you always find something to accuse me of, get a grip of yourself!"

Crazy out of her mind with jealousy and hurt by his words, she slapped him really hard across his face.

Anger gripped Steven and when Abby saw the rage in his eyes she tried to run, but he grabbed her and lifted her off her feet and threw her on the bed. When she tried to scramble away, he fell on top of her and trapped her underneath him. Taking her hands he pinned them above her head and looked down at her angrily.