The Letters

Steven went back to the banquet and sat down at his assigned table and couldn't stop the thoughts that ran through his mind. He thought about the night she was supposed to come to his hotel room, but she never came. He had texted her many times and even called twice, but she had ignored him.

Because of Moss!

He hated Moss with all guts, it was killing him that he got to sleep at night with Abby and he was left with nothing! His gaze shifted to a few tables down where Moss was sitting. The chair next to him was empty, why hadn't Abby returned, he thought, what was taking her so long to return to her table?

Concern for her welfare gripped him and he quickly lifted himself to his feet and rushed back down the hall to where he had left her. He opened the door and peeked inside and that's where he found her. She was in the corner crying her guts out and Steven dashed across the room and collected her in his arms.

She always had an effect on him from the very start. "Stop crying Abby, I can't stand to see you cry."

"You left me Steven, you did it again and I can't deal with that, it hurts too much."

Steven closed his eyes and tightened his hold on her, "I was angry."

"Your anger and jealousy is destroying us!"

"No Abby, your inability to choose me over everyone else is what is destroying us."

"Can we ever be happy again?" Abby asked, "I remember that night in the Dells where you made love to me Steven. I was so happy, we were happy."

"Until the dog called and texted you!"

"Stop it Steven, stop being jealous of everyone, I only want you can you not understand that!"

"Actions speak louder than words Abby." He told her, "show me how much you love me, I need to see it. Our relationship was in trouble from the start, it was like fate was against us, we were young and stupid and didn't know how to be in a relationship, all I knew without a doubt is that I loved you so much that it hurt."

"Too many things came between us Steven, but your jealousy was the worst and you are still that young man who was possessive and Jealous."

"I only feel this way with you, I am jealous even of the clothes you wear Abby," he explained, "they get to touch you all day long while I have to watch you from afar!" He said hoarsely, "I'm jealous of Moss who sleeps with you at night, and feels your warm body next to him. I'm jealous of the very air that you breath!" He lifted her up and placed her on the table, "I'm jealous of anyone or anything that surrounds you, you drive me crazy Abby!"

"One day soon I hope we will be together again, me, you and Stephan." She looked up at him and stared into his troubled eyes, "you have grown to a strikingly handsome, mature man, Steven, but part of you is still that young boy I had fallen in love with at school, the same possessive, jealous, loving Steven, my Steven!"

"And you have grown to be more beautiful, and mature than I could have ever expected Abby, but deep down inside you still, even after all these years, can't make a fucken decision!"

"I choose you Steven, I have always chosen you, you just couldn't trust me."

"So now what?" He asked, "are you prepared to leave Moss as soon as we figure it out?"

Abby nodded, "Yes."

"And until then you will not sleep with him?"

Abby shook her head, "I will not."

"Promise."

"I have promised you a hundred times already!"

"Promise me again."