The Truth

"How's it going?" Steven asked, "how's Carol amd Bella?"

"They're good Steven," Jacob said, "I'm calling to let you know that Carol and I are getting married next month, she doesn't want to wait till Christmas."

"Is she with child?" Steven asked, concern was laced in his voice.

"No she is not, she is just feeling a little insecure and wants to tie the knot."

"Is next month enough time to prepare for a wedding?"

"She decided she doesn't want a huge affair, she just wants to get married." Jacob told him, "and I'll do anything to make her happy."

"Are you sure you want this?" Steven couldn't help but remember the many times he had caught Jacob secretly glancing at Bella, "maybe you need more time to think about this, rushing is never a good thing."

"I've never been more sure in my life Steven, I'm going to marry her and make her my wife?"

"Well then I will throw you a bachelor party in two weekends." Steven said, hoping the party will get his mind off his own problems, "We are moving this week, maybe the girls can have their own girl party two."

"Great!" Jacob laughed, "oh and have you looked for houses, Carol and I want to move in as soon as we get married!"

"I have the perfect home for you two," Steven told him, "my wedding gift to you and Carol, it's on the shoreline near our home, and it will be available right away."

Steven refrained from telling him it was practically next door to them. All the house were next to each other, he wanted his people near him and wanted all their children to grow up together. He was a very possessive man and wanted all that was his together.

**************

When Abby heard that Jacob and Carol were getting married she was devastated. Steven noticed the change in her right away.

"Whats wrong." He asked, worried for their relationship, not knowing how much longer Abby could hold on to hope.

"Everyone is getting married!" She cried, "me and you are the only ones that are not getting married!"

A stabbing pain knifed through Steven's heart, "We will get married Abby I swear it to you!" He told her, even though he knew damn well that it was an empty promise if they turned out to be related.

Abby threw her head back and laughed her heart out, Steven stared at her horrified at Abby's reaction. Alarmed that she was going to have a mental breakdown, Steven rushed to her side and pulled her into his arms.

"Stop it Abby you're worrying me!"

Abby sobered up and then the tears came, "Just tell me the truth Steven," she said in a broken voice, "me and you will never get married, right?"

Shaking his head, Steven said hoarsely, "that's not true, I will marry you Abby!"

"You can't even kiss me!" Abby attacked, "my touch grosses you out, how will you marry me?"

"That's not true Abby, your touch does not gross me out how can you even say that!" He couldn't believe what she was saying.

Abby tried to kiss him and he shrank back, there was fear in his eyes, "You see!" Abby yelled, "fuck you Steven, fuck you fuck you!"

She pulled out of his embrace and took off to their room, leaving behind a devastated Steven.

"What happened here?" Lily asked, as she rushed into the sitting room when she heard the commotion.