Lions and Tigers and Hippos

"I need your help."

"Since when does Victoria need my help?"

"You're the only one that knows me so well Michael."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes, so when are the two of us going to get together and fuck?"

"You get straight to the point don't you?"

"Why waste time?"

"So besides sex what else is on your mind," Michael asked. "Why did you call me out of the blue after all these years, remember I know you very well Victoria, and I know there is more to this call than just a free fuck."

Victoria smiled, Michael was the only one that knew her so well, "I told you I need your help!"

"And what might that be?"

"You once told me you knew a hit man."

Michael laughed, "And what, you want to kill someone?" More laughter. But when Victoria wasn't laughing with him, he asked, "you can't be serious!"

"I am very serious!"

"No, no way, I'm not getting involved in this!"

"Even if I tell you that all these years I couldn't get you out of my mind?"

More laughter, "and that's why you left me and disappeared into thin air!"

"I left you because you weren't motivated enough and my father threatened me!"

"And now you heard I'm a millionaire and you want me back." He said bitterly

"Yes, that is true, but I swear it I still love you!"

There was a pause on the line before Michael spoke, "Truth is I never got over you either."

Victoria closed her eyes, and released a breath of air, "I love you."

"I love you too, but you're married, or did you forget that?"

"And since when did being married stop me from getting what I want?"

"You were always cold and heartless, but it was the one of the reasons I fell in love with you. You are not afraid of anything or anyone."

"So will you help me?"

"No," he said flat out, "I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a killer, and neither are you!"

*****************

It was the first time Steven had ever traveled to Africa, and making this trip with his son was one of the best things he had ever done.

"Wow daddy look over there, elephants!" Stephan's excitement melted Steven's heart. "And over there daddy, giraffes!"

The excitement that shined bright in Stephan's eyes and the way his voice sang with joy when he spoke had Steven thinking that bringing his son to Africa was the best thing he could have ever done.

The driver rode the jeep farther south from Johannesburg where most of the exotic animals roamed the land, and the view was just spectacular.

There were two other Jeep's following behind this one, Steven had hired them for more protection, they had all sorts of weapons with them in case they were attacked by vicious animals.

"Daddy why does the man sitting in the front seat have a gun?" Stephan asked, "he's not going to kill these beautiful animals is he?"

"Only if they become a threat," Steven answered, before he realized the words that came out of his mouth, but then he quickly added, "don't worry nothing will harm us these are friendly animals."