Lost and Found

"What!" Steven barked loudly, his heart pounding against his chest wildly, "what the fuck did you just say?"

There was a short pause on the other line, and then the private detective, said evenly, "We found a piece of property owned by Robert Moss in the Cape Cod Bay Area, and we think we should check it out."

"Why the hell wasn't I told this before now!" Steven bellowed, and pulled himself forward in his seat.

"It was not coming up on the search engine before," the man said, "but my assistant dug deeper and found it now."

Steven's voice trembled with anger when he said, "Give me the fucken address, and you have less than a half hour to be here or else I will destroy you!"

Jumping to his feet, Steven raked his fingers through his thick mane of hair and swore up and down like a mad man. Alice came running into the room and asked, "What happened?"

"Watch over my children Alice, I will return as soon as I can, should I take a few days to return, John will be here to help you with whatever you want, I will call Jennifer to come over too."

He raced out of the condo and before he entered the elevator he called George. "We found her, I need your help!"

Steven paced up and down the street, trying hard to defuse his anger and allowing for hope to claim him. Soon he would have Abby back in his arms and that thought overwhelmed him. From the moment he brought Aphroditis his precious baby girl home he was unsure if her mother would ever return and hold her in her arms, but now he was besides himself with hope and dreams of the future he always wanted. 

Not fifteen minutes later the detective pulled up to the curb, at the same time as George's Mercedes' Benz. Jennifer flew out of her car and begged Steven to tell her where Abby was.

"She's not too far from here Jennifer and I'm going to bring her back home, do not worry yourself." He told her, and pulled her into his arms to comfort her.

"Mr. Colby will I be assisting you to bring home Abby?" The detective asked.

"Yes," Steven snapped, and let go of Jennifer who fell into George's arms and cried her heart out. "I will need your assistance also George."

"Absolutely," George replied with great pleasure, "I wouldn't have it any other way!"

"Jennifer I need you to stay with my children and assist Alice, Stephan has not been himself lately and he may be a handful." Steven told her, "I only trust you and Alice with my children."

"I will go to them now." Jennifer said, she kissed George and then tearfully walked away to go to her grandchildren.

"I'll drive," George declared, and the three of them got into the Mercedes' Benz and drove away.

"Drive to Jeff's house, we might need his assistance," Steven said, and pulled out his iPhone and called Jeff to report the issue to him.

Less than half hour later, they pulled up in front of Jeff's home. "Let's go inside and come up with a strategy first before we go to Cape Cod."  George said.

The three of them went inside Jeff's house and explained to him the entire situation.

"Jesus!" Jeff swore, "I'll kick his ass!"

They all sat down together to try and figure out how to go about it, but Steven was losing his patience, "We are going to go and grab Abby, beat the living hell out of Moss and then leave!"

"We will all go to jail if we take that approach," the detective pointed out, then he advised, "we will go to the police station and ask for their assistance, that way it will be done the legal way!"