The Christiening

Abby was standing near the alter in her ivory stilettos, she wore an elegant ivory long dress, the back was open and her long, thick hair cascaded down her back to her waist, and she looked radiant. She only had mascara on, she didn't need make up for she was breathtaking beautiful just as she was. Steven could not take his eyes off her, he was so in love with her that he wanted to steal her away and love her all over again, like he had when they woke up that morning and each morning before that.

Steven looked so handsome in his black Armani suit, that Abby had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Her life was like a fairytale and she was not believing it was real. This morning when he made love to her and whispered how much he adored her, Abby was besides herself with happiness. Everyday living with this man was like a dream come true.

Their eyes met and locked and Abby realized that his eyes were wet with tears, as he stared adoringly at her from the pews. How was it possible, Abby thought that this gorgeous man loved her so much? She still could not believe it even after all that he has done for her, even after all he has confessed to her and even after all the whispers of love to her.

"I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit," the priest was saying, as he poured water over Aphroditis, who was quietly staring up at the priest with interest.

Stephan was holding on to his mothers hand tightly, not happy that it was his turn next.

The ceremony lasted about one hour, in which Aphroditis, Stephan, Antonia and Lexi were all baptized together on this beautiful day. Abby, Claire and Bella were all in tears, as they witness this Holy event, that set a new beginning for their children that signifies the end of the old life and the beginning of a new life as a Christian believer.

The priest emphasized the importance of the baptism and what it stands for. Then he congratulated the parents. Stephan was relieved, it wasn't as bad as he had first thought, and the three little girls were already fast asleep nestled in the comfort of the loving arms of their beautiful mothers.

"What a blessed day!" Jennifer said, as she wiped the tears from her eyes, and then hugged both Steven and Abby. "I'm so very proud of you Steven and your beautiful family!"

Steven was so over emotional that he simply nodded, not trusting himself to speak. He tried to tame the emotions that spiraled through him at the sight of his wife and two beautiful children. His family! His beautiful family that God had gifted him.

"Are you alright?" Lily asked her brother, "you seem very overwhelmed."

"I've never been happier." Steven admitted, "I am very blessed."

"Yes you are." Lily admitted.

Steven pulled his wife next to him and kissed her on the lips, "I love you." He whispered for her ears alone.

"And I love you." She said, not caring who hears her. She was so elated that she wanted to scream to the world how happy and in love she was.

***************

The restaurant Steven chose to celebrate the baptisms of his children and that of his friends children, was one of the most expensive and elegant steak houses in Massachusetts. Steven spared no expense, the menu featured a seven course meal, one hundred year old bottles of wine, a cake that was decorated with toys, and all the beautiful balloons and flower decorations in the private room that made the banquette room look elegant and rich.

"Wow!" Bella said, as her eyes took in all the decorations in the private dining room. "It's so beautifully decorated.

"It was all Lily," Steven said, approvingly, "it was her project."