Celebration

Driving to Steven's condo Claire heard an earful, "I'm your husband and I should be the first you tell that you are carrying my child!"

Stealing a glance at Jeff, Claire asked, "Are you jealous?"

"Of course I'm jealous!" Jeff yelled, "you keep doing things like this to me and I question your love for me Claire!"

Rolling her eyes Claire kept herself from laughing, "You sound like a little kid, I love you very much but you seem to doubt everything I do or say to you Jeff."

"I have very right to feel what I'm feeling." Jeff pointed out, "you kept the fact that you're pregnant from me!"

"That's because I'm not sure, I haven't seen a doctor yet!"

"When two people love each other they tell each other everything even if you haven't seen a doctor!" Jeff told her.

When Lexi stated to cry in the back seat, Claire sighed heavily, "Stop yelling you woke up the baby!"

"Stop yelling?" Jeff asked, "I'm not yelling!"

Claire dropped her face in her hands and started to cry and Jeff pulled the car to the side and turned off the engine. First he got out of the car, opened the back door and placed the pacifier in Lexi's mouth and then he got back into the car and shut the door.

"I'm sorry." He said, in a gentler tone of voice, I didn't realize I was yelling, I was just trying to make you see that I was very hurt that I had to find out that you may be pregnant by you telling another person!"

"I'm so sorry Jeff," Claire cried, "I wanted to confirm it with the doctor first and then surprise you."

"That's not fair Claire, if you love me as you say then I should know everything right away, would you like it if I keep something from you until it is confirmed?" When Claire shook her head, Jeff continued, "right, cause it hurts to know that your other half doesn't trust you enough to tell you!"

"I trust you Jeff."

"You don't trust me enough." Jeff voice sounded broken, "and that hurts.

*************

"Are you feeling better?" Concern was laced in his voice, "maybe you should lay down and rest."

Abby shook her head, "We have a condo full of people, and I'm not going to be the terrible host."

"Damn the people!" Steven said, "your welfare is the only thing that matters to me!"

"I'm fine now Steven," Abby said, "that is one reason why I didn't tell you right away, you pamper me way too much and I feel suffocated!"

"When the woman I love is not feeling well I will not apologize if I'm suffocating her just because I'm being attentive and caring!"

Abby sighed.

"What, what is it Abby?"

"I'm fine really!" Abby told him, "now please let's go back to the sitting room and spend time with our families!"

Steven brushed his lips over hers and then took her hand and gently pulled her with him to the other room to join everyone else.

"How's Abby feeling?" Jennifer asked.

"I'm fine!" Abby snapped "and if anyone else asks me if I'm feeling well I'm going to open the door and run away!"

Jeff who had just walked in the condo with his wife and baby couldn't help but hear what Abby said and respond, "You should appreciate everything Steven does for you, imagine if one day he feels unloved and decides to walk away from you?"