Poisonious Secrets

Claire could tell that Jeff was angry when he came to pick her up at the airport, but she had no regrets, she did what she had to do, Anthony was very important to her. She loved him and felt responsible for what he was going through, and she couldn't live with herself should anything ever happen to him because of her.

Silence draped around them on the drive home and when they reached their destination Jeff removed the small suitcase from the back seat and Claire watched him, as he angrily disappeared into the house, and she sighed, knowing it was going to be a long day full of lectures and torture.

She hadn't even taken the first step in the house when he started, "Just what does this dog mean to you anyhow?"

His voice was dangerously cold and Claire swallowed, "He is my friend and I think the world of him!"

She closed her eyes when Jeff swore out loud and marched into the sitting room. Following after him, she sat herself on the couch close to him and said, "There is no reason to be jealous of Anthony, he is sick and needs help and I want to help him."

"You left me and went running to him against my wishes. You chose him over me."

"I would never choose anyone over you," Claire clarified, "I love Anthony very much, but I love him differently, he is my friend and I care for him, you are my husband, my soulmate and I adore you."

"You adore me yet you couldn't obey my wish and not go to him."

"Don't do this Jeff," Claire cried, "there is no reason for you to feel insecure in our relationship. I love you so much and that will never change."

Jeff grabbed her and pulled her on his lap, he kissed her hard and passionately and tightened his hold on her. "If it ever changes Claire I don't know what I would do."

"I have loved you my entire life, you think I can stop loving you now? look at me Jeff!" She demanded when he closed his eyes, "open your eyes and look at me!"

When Jeff opened his eyes, they were hazed with pain, "Why do you do this to yourself," Claire asked, "why do you intentionally cause pain to yourself!"

"Because the thought of losing you is unbearable."

"You would never lose me Jeff, I'm not going anywhere without you." She told him and kissed his face with butterfly kisses, "besides who would want me now, I'm having your baby and will soon be fat and ugly"

Jeff couldn't help but smile, "Fat and ugly?" He laughed, "you would never be ugly to me when you carry my child in your womb Claire, to me you will always look beautiful no matter how heavy you get."

They made love on the couch, and then on the floor and then Jeff pulled her into his arms and took her up the stairs and into their bedroom where he ravished her again and again until the wee hours of the night.

*************

"Daddy!" Stephan screamed, "are you ok?"

Steven turned to face his son, "Of course I'm ok, why would you think otherwise?"

"I called your name three times and you ignored me!" Stephan pouted.

He was thinking of Abby, he was always thinking of Abby, "I'm sorry I was just thinking."

"Daddy can I stay one more week here with you, I want to go back to the zoo and see the lions and tigers, you promised!"