A month later

"Need some help?" Abby asked as she walked into Claire's home, and looked around the sitting room at all the boxes, "boy you sure pack up fast!"

"Haven't you started yet?" Claire asked, and then taped one of the boxes that was full of dishes.

Abby shook her head, "Steven doesn't want to take anything with us, he wants us to start fresh."

"Less headaches that way." Claire laughed.

"Why didn't Jeff hire help for you?"

"He offered, but I prefer to do it myself," Claire admitted, "I'm not handicapped Abby, and I don't like anyone going through my personal stuff."

"I know what you mean," Abby agreed, and made herself comfortable on the couch, "where's Lexi?"

"Jeff took her to the park." Claire explained, "how are you, we haven't spoken for a while."

"I know." Abby admitted, "it's been a while."

Her sad tone alerted Claire, "Something wrong?"

"I'm not sure," Abby admitted, "if Steven hasn't touched me for a whole month does that count for me to be upset?"

"What!" Claire dropped the tape and lifted herself to her feet and went to sit on the couch next to Claire, "are you sure it's a whole month?"

Nodding, Abby tried not to cry, "He doesn't even come to bed with me anymore, he sleeps in the sitting room on the couch."

"Oh no," Claire's hand went to cover her mouth, "sounds serious."

"He doesn't even speak to me anymore, it's like I'm invisible, when he looks at me there is a far away look on his face."

"Maybe it's work related." Claire said quickly when she noticed that Abby was about to cry.

Shaking her head, Abby said, "He never not had sex with me because of work, he made love to me every day since we got together and now he stopped cold turkey. The last time he told me he loves me was a month ago."

"Do you want Jeff to have a talk with him?" Claire asked, "the two of them have gotten very close lately and I'm sure Steven will confide in him."

"No, no, no," Abby said quickly, "I want to leave it alone for now, and try to see if he will open up to me on his own."

"Good luck on that Abby," Claire said, "everyone knows that Steven is overly protective of you and would never burden you with his problems."

"I'm trying to be as strong as I can Claire," Abby cried, "because I love him so much and don't want to lose him."

"Why would you lose him silly." Claire laughed.

"Because we are not married," Abby answered, "we are not legally married and anything can happen!"

*************

It had been a whole month since that day at the mansion, a month of torture and pain. Steven couldn't eat, he couldn't sleep and he couldn't even sleep with Abby anymore.

What if she is his sister?

What if he loses her forever?

His heart was in turmoil, as pain speared through it on a daily basis. He was delt a huge blow and he didn't know if this was fixable, if she was his sister then he would kill himself. He couldn't live in a world where Abby was within reach and he wouldn't be allowed to touch her.

He had lost his zest for life, he had lost everything the moment he found out the secret.

***************