A Time For Sorrow

Sick to his stomach, Steven paced back and forth trying to find a solution to his problem.

"Steven why don't you relax a bit, you're making me dizzy!" George laughed.

"I can't relax as long as that woman is on the loose!" Steven admitted. "She needs to be stopped!"

"And how do you propose to do that?" George asked, "we have no proof that she did anything."

"I know it was her and as long as she is alive Abby and my children's life are at risk!"

"She wouldn't dare!" Jeff argued.

"You don't know her like I do," Steven was disgusted, "she dares without fear, she is a dangerous woman and not to be taken lightly."

"Then keep away from her, do not agitate her."

"I will kill her with my bare hands," Steven promised, "I will not stop until she is restrained with handcuffs!"

**************

"When is Stephan starting school?" Claire asked.

"Monday." Abby replied, "but Steven is so paranoid that he wants to home school him and I know Stephan will not like that at all."

"Steven is making too much out of this!" Claire told her, "he is like a crazy man!"

"You think I'm crazy because I love Abby and my children and want to protect them!" Steven who had come out to the porch unexpectedly asked, "nothing else matters to me in my life besides Abby and my children!"

"You're going a tad bit overboard," Claire pointed out, "Victoria is long gone to California and won't hurt your family Steven."

"Can you guarantee me that?" When Claire didn't answer, he said, "yes I thought so!" Then he turned his attention to Abby, "how many times do I have to explain to you that you are not allowed out on the porch without my consent?"

"I'm not a child Steven!" Abby snapped.

Releasing a harsh sigh, Steven said, "You are to obey me when I tell you something that will keep you and the children safe!"

"You can't imprison us Steven!"

Grabbing Abby by the shoulders, he said through gritted teeth, "You will obey my command Abby and that's final!"

Tears welled up in Abby's eyes, she didn't like the way Steven was controlling her.

"Stop it Steven!" Claire shouted, "you're being abusive!"

Steven closed his eyes for a second, and when he opened them they were hazed with deep worry, "This had nothing to do with being an obsessive fool,  there is danger still Abby and I want to keep you and the children safe." His serious tone of voice held Abby's attention, "you know damn well if anything happened to you or the kids I wouldn't know how to live without you!"

"I understand Steven, but it's so frustrating sometimes!" Abby confessed, "but I promise to abide by your rules for now."

Releasing a sigh, Steven walked away happy at least that Abby was understanding his reasoning.

"Like a chained puppy," Claire commented and rolled her eyes, "I can't wait till all this drama is over!"

*************

Steven couldn't shake the feeling off that Abby didn't understand the danger that still exists, he made a mental note to follow her everywhere she went, Victoria was not trustworthy and he knew she  wouldn't stop until she gets what she wants. There was no proof to link her to the fire and murder of Carol, but Steven would not rest until she was destroyed.