Where Your Heart Lies (2)

June 9th

Matt didn't realise how deep his feelings were until he found himself counting down the days until Chris was due back in Boston for a launch

It had been two weeks since he saw you and even though you'd been making non stop contact, he missed your company more than anything he's missed before.

He wanted to feel you in more ways than one. He wanted to feel you laying beside him in bed and have you look at him while he made dinner. He wanted all of your attention on him.

You like him so much so all you wanted to do was claim him. You wanted to cross every line, every boundary, everything you've ever learned about right from wrong, you were cheating on your fiancé with another man and it's someone you actually had feelings for.

Nothing could ever come between this. It's been proven time and time again so you didn't care anymore.

"I want to go out with you" you said and Matt hummed in question, his hand rubbing your back.

You loved when he touched you like that. "Aren't you already?"

You shook your head. "No I want to go out with you" you leaned forwards and held his face in your hands. "There's a farmers market outside LA and I've been dying to go there but I've never had anyone to go with. And now I can't imagine going with anyone but you"

Matt didn't say anything, he was too lost in how beautiful you looked, like you were made of gold. Here you were, asking to escape with him and live a life where you can be together without fear of getting caught.

"It's an hour away but I promise it's worth the drive" you continued when he didn't answer. "Please? We can get a coffee before we leave. My treat? And we can get milkshakes on the way back-"

Matt put his finger over your lips, shushing you. He wasn't one to interrupt you when you were talking but you were wasting time trying to think of reasons he should take you out. He didn't need to be persuaded.

"You don't have to bribe me. I'll go with you" Matt smiled. "So cute, you know that?"

You lay on his chest and it brought him back to the night you ate ice cream together and watched each others favourite movies, after you passed out on his chest.

That was the night he'd fallen in love with you.

He saw you for everything you were. It was the first time he visioned a future with you and everyday, he fell for something new because you kept getting better.

June 23rd
You were up before your alarm, before the sun had risen. You soaked in the feeling of waking up beside Matt.

Before the rest of the world wakes up, you lay restless, watching the man beside you dream.

This was the closest to home you'd ever felt, your heart was safe with him. This place he made for you didn't feel like a lie, or somewhere you'd get hurt or somewhere you'd cry.

You reached out to touch his face gently. Matt let out a hum and rubbed his cheek against the pillow, as if he was settling himself under your touch. You smiled, hoping this wasn't your last morning together.

When Matt woke up, it was the first morning you weren't beside him. He notices when he doesn't feel your hands in his hair and he groaned at the emptiness of it. He noticed again when he reached out and felt nothing.

He noticed you in his bathroom, oblivious that he has woken up as you brushed your hair. Everything about this was unreal-you getting ready for your first date and him watching as you did.