My Way Back (11)

It's the final one, my friends. We're finishing on how we started, from YN's perspective, just as I feel like it should be. This takes place once YN gets home from staying with her parents, about a week after she gets back, which is about 5 weeks from the time she and Matt last saw each other.

~

As you sat in the bridal suite, you smiled as your watched both Maya and Jordan's mother dancing around while music filled the room.

"So..Y/N.." Maya started and you looked at her. "How are you feeling?"

"This is fun, Maya. Thank you for this. I figured it was just family so I'm honoured I was invited this morning"

"Oh hush, you are family! Of course I want you here" She waved you off and winked at you. "I meant later...how are you feeling about later today?"

"This is your wedding day and you want to know how I'm doing?" You laughed, looking at Kelsey and giving her a scowl, realising what Maya was talking about.

"Exactly, it's my wedding day. I want to know how you feel" she asked, curiously. "Truthfully, it's a need. I need to know. Because Matt will be here and I'll feel bad if it's too painful for you. I can ask him-"

"No, Maya. I knew he'd be here" you assured her. "Please, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. This day is about you"

"In that case, bring on the cocktails because today is about drinks and dancing!"

"And love!"

~

After making conversation with most of Kelsey and Jordan's family, you took the opportunity to walk through the foyer of the hotel.

You pulled out your phone and took pictures of almost everything you see.

When you turned around, you bumped into whoever was walking by.

"I'm so sorry!" You locked the screen and looked up. Your eyes went wide as you saw the beautiful blue eyes staring back at you.

"It's okay. Not the first time you've done it" Matt laughed, causing all breath to leave your body.

You knew you'd see him today. But you weren't expecting to be this close, smelling his scent and feeling flustered.

"Right" you nodded, feeling your throat go dry. "Uh..how are you?"

"I'm good" he quickly replied. "You?"

"Yeah, me too. Good" you mumbled, feeling embarrassed as to how unconvincing you may sound.

"Good" he cleared his throat, crossing his arms over his chest. "Can we talk..later?"

Your stomach twisted. For some reason he came across unsettling, but you figured it's needed, so you nodded.

"Okay. I'll see you sometime tonight" he said, smiling. He turned around as you both noticed everyone begin to move towards the doors leading outside. "I better go. It was nice to see you"

"You too"

"You look..you look beautiful"

"Thank you" you mumbled. "You look good too"

Matt gave you one last smile and made his way out the doors.

It took a minute for you to snap back to reality, when you felt another presence beside you.

"Are you okay?" Kelsey asked. You let out a breath you didn't realise you were holding in.

"Yeah, I'm alright"