The Hills

Not often did you get to spend time with Matt anymore.

Your boyfriend had been caught up in his world, that he'd forgotten about yours in between. He didn't do it on purpose and you knew that. He was swept up with celebrating the end of their first tour that he forgot you wanted to celebrate too.

Having finished his first tour with his brothers, you and Matt wanted the evening for yourselves. Just you both. No social media. No one else. Just two people in love and nothing more.

You were both in his house in L.A., he had to be here for photoshoots for their clothing line.

The house in L.A was beautiful, you would never be able to get over it. L.A seemed like a place you used to read about as a kid and now you were the main character in those stories. Matt's house was the biggest on the coast and it was just for you and him.

The ocean had always been your favourite place.

Everything from the air, the ocean breeze and the colour that burst from the depths of the water were just too infatuating for you. You never wanted to go home.

"Ready to go?" You heard Matt call out, snapping you out of your thoughts and back to him.

You were standing by the window, watching as the waves kept leaving and coming back to you. Matt had been filming all day, Nick came over to do some editing and then left again to get some dinner.

So after a long day, you suggested to Matt that you both deserved that night alone. You missed him, especially when he was close to you but you felt like you couldn't touch him.

Tonight was just for you two.

Matt wanted to freshen up before heading out. You turned around when you saw him, watching as he walked down the stairs.

When he saw you, his smile widened.

You, had freshen up and changed into a white dress. It was your first date in a while so you wanted to make a good impression.

"Swim shorts on date night? Really, Matt?" You laughed, watching him give you a twirl as he made his way over to you.

"You wore sweatpants that one time" He defended, snaking his arms around your waist. Your arms went up and around his neck, playing with his hair.

"Babe, I was on my period and we were going to get ice cream at 2am. I wouldn't call that a date" you laughed. It was a good night. You got chocolate chip and he got mint.

"Okay, whatever" he shrugged, knowing you were  right, but he was too stubborn to admit it.

"You still look pretty" you said, tilting your head at him.

"Pretty, huh? Thank you beautiful" He replied, leaning down, pressing his lips to yours.

What a perfect life.

"I love you" you mumbled against his lips before pulling back to give him a smile. Matt didn't have to repeat the words for you to know how he felt, which was a beautiful thing about your relationship.

"Ready to go?" He pulled away, walking over to the key bowl.

"Where are we going?" You asked, picking up your cardigan from the back of a chair, where you left it.

"Who knows?"

Life was an adventure with Matt.

Walking out of the house, you were hit with the warm evening heat. It was the heat that made you feel warm, but it didn't make you sweat. It was perfect .

Matt's car sat on the driveway and you were excited to get into it.

"Ladies first" Matt opened your door for you, like a true gentleman.