Take Care Of You

Matt awoke to the bed jerking and his arm flopping on to the bed for what felt like the millionth time. You got sick overnight from catching the flu at work and Matt had been doing his best, as your boyfriend to make sure you were taken care of without waking up your son who was down the hall.

Matt sighed and sat up in the bed, the early morning light coming through the curtains. Along with the horrible sounds of you throwing up, the sound of Matt's heart breaking hearing you cough from the horrible taste in your mouth.

Matt pushed the blankets back and made his way to the bathroom door that was open from your rush to get into the toilet before you threw up all over the carpet in the bedroom.

You rested your head against the toilet and your skin was full of goosebumps. Your eyes were closed and you had sweat on your forehead and hair from having a hot temperature. You were wearing one of Matt's shirts that he wore to bed and shorts, but you took them off because you were too hot.

Now here you were, taking deep breaths and moving your head around to find cold spots on the toilet seat. Matt kneeled down beside you and moved some hair out of your face. You leaned into his touch and hummed, feeling his hand on your forehead.

Your skin was too hot to the touch, not the normal temperature for a body to have. You leaned closer to his cold touch was a satisfied hum.

"You're really hot" Matt said, putting the back of his hand on your forehead. You shook when you tried to laugh, that was quickly replaced with a cough. Matt moved his hand to your back and rubbed it.

You cleared your throat and opened your eyes, looking at your boyfriend with a weak smile. Butterflies roamed both your stomachs as you looked at each other.

You could tell he was tired from his eyes threatening to close for him to go to sleep, but he was fighting it for you and to get you better.

Even if it meant him getting sick and taking care of your two year old.

"It's been a while since you called me hot" you spoke hoarsely, looking at him. "So are you" Matt sighed annoyingly. He moved his hand from your back to cup your cheek as he stared at you.

"Babe, as much as I love you, right now isn't the time for flirting" He began, stroking your sweaty cheek bone. "I mean it, you're really hot"

"I mean it, you're really hot too" you replied, letting out a small cough. You knew he meant your temperature, but you liked getting on his nerves. You saw him try to fight his smile as he looked at the ground.

"I'm serious, babe. Your temperature is really high and I'm worried" Matt stressed, looking back up at you. Your heart melted at how he was stroking your cheekbone with concern like you were glass and he was afraid to break you.

"You've seen me like this when I was pregnant with Cody, Matt" you cleared your throat.

Matt felt his heart sink when you opened your mouth to clear your throat and gag to get whatever out of your throat. He bit his lip as he held your hair.

You were supposed to go to work for a quick shift in the afternoon. Matt was going to be watching Cody after you went to work, and he had a meeting to go to, which means he'll have to take Cody to Madi's since she wanted to see Cody and when his meeting was over and he was was home, you were going to head out to do some shopping.

Of course, you were going to take Cody shopping because he'd throw a tantrum if he was dropped off at MaryLou's and not with his parents. But, as soon as you go into a toy store, then he would want everything, then whining and throwing a tantrum when he can't get what he wants.