Nothing Feels Like Home (6)

Day 16:

Matt gazed at you as you slept. You didn't change positions in your sleep, like he did, so it was funny to see you wake up and complain abut your neck because it was in the same position for the night.

There was something in Matt telling him to reschedule his work meeting. Maybe it was because they've just slept in the same bed, or maybe it was because he was looking at the love of his life and getting emotional, so he just wanted to stay home.

You rubbed your eyes as you woke up. The first thing you saw was Matt and your heart skipped a beat. There was warmth beside you, not cold sheets. He was the person you loved and he was smiling at you.

How could you not kiss him? You don't know how you held yourself back. You smiled, before shuffling over to him and laying your head on his chest. You felt at home.

You didn't speak. Why ruin the moment?

Matt was the first to speak up. "I've got work soon" he hummed. "Better get up"

"I know" you mumbled and lifted your head. "I'll be home early today"

"Yeah? Why?"

"The presentation was two days ago and I wrapped up this quarter yesterday, todays an easy day"

"What should I make for dinner?"

You smiled and sat up. "You'll be home?"

"Yeah, just let me know what you want to eat and I'll make it"

"We're not going to ignore our issues" you told him, linking your fingers with his.

"I know. We can talk about our day and whatever we don't talk about at therapy"

"No funny business, we're still working on us"

"No funny business" he squeezed your hand. "We can be better"

~

When Matt went downstairs, his coffee was made. He froze when he saw it waiting for him on the counter. He watched as you made your own cup of coffee.

"Hey" He enters the kitchen. "Thanks for this" he reached out for his coffee.

"No problem" You took a sip of your coffee. "Should I call in sick?"

Matt's heart beat faster. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Today's a half day and I could just spend it at home" you looked at him. "With you"

"You know I'd like that very much.."

"But..?"

"But we need to take this slow"

"I know" you checked the time. "Anyway I have to go now. I should be home by two"

"Me too" He told you. "Have a good day"

~

Matt was finishing up making dinner, when he heard a pounding on the door. He jumped up and headed there, knowing it was you because you didn't have your own key.

You couldn't even make eye contact with him because you were looking up with a tissue pressed to you nose. Your fingers were covered in blood and Matt gasped, pulling you in.

"What happened?" He asked and you winced as he pulled you closer. "Y/N"

"I was driving and it started bleeding" you mumbled, walking to the sofa. He rushed over to your side, grabbed a cushion and gently used it to raise your head. "It's cold outside"

"I'll get you softer tissues"

"Thank you"

Matt went to grab the box of tissues from your room. The box was half empty from you using them already, but it was easy to buy another box. As he came back, he went into the bathroom to get some wipes for your hands.