cabin🖤

word count:659
daryl and reader are on a supply run and spend the night in a cabin since they won't get back in time
warnings⚠️:implied mention of abuse, drinking
~~~

daryl and i had left to go on a supply run. it was getting dark and my watch read 7:30. it was even more dangerous once it got dark and there was no way i wanted to continue back.

luckily i knew where we were. it was the middle of the woods but there was a cabin out here nearby. i knew from the carving i made on the trees when i was little. they were still there.

'daryl. i think we should go inside. there's a cabin nearby. we should stay there for the night.' i suggested, stopping walking.

he looked up at the sky and say it was pink and yellow and starting to turn dark blue. 'yeah, okay let go.'

he followed me to the small wooden cabin. it was quite big for a cabin in the middle of nowhere, with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a nice lounge.

'how the hell did you know this was even here?' daryl asked, looking around once we had gone inside and i had locked the door. i had gotten the key from inside the rock my mom carved a hole into the middle of and left on the front porch.

i chucked my bag on the couch 'remember my dad wasn't always the nicest. well my mom would take me and my sister up here if he got mean to keep us safe.'

he sat down on the couch, kicking his feet up on the coffee table as i went into the kitchen. just as i had thought. an unopened bottle of vodka and two unopened bottles of whiskey. 'care for a drink?' i offered as i grabbed some glasses.

i brought the drinks back to the table, setting them in front of daryl, pouring us each a glass of whiskey.

we sat and drank in silence until i got tired. 'right. i need sleep. you do too. theres a bedroom at the end of the hall you can sleep in there. night.'

i got up and walked to the bedroom i used to stay in. it looked untouched. just how i left it but actually untouched, there was dust everywhere. i didn't mind thought. you can't be too picky in our society now.

i climbed under the  dark, navy blue blanket, curling up to the pillow, facing away from the door. i know that i may regret it but i didn't care, i just wanted to be comfortable.

i was only asleep for an hour or so when i felt the bed beside me dip and a large, muscular arm wrap over my torso.

i sharply inhaled, shocked and scared at who was behind me but i heard them whisper in my ear 'don't worry darlin, it's just me. the bed was uncomfortable, i wanted to sleep in here instead.' it was daryl.

his breath smelled like alcohol but his word's weren't slurred like the last time he was drunk and he didn't really drink enough for that. plus drunk daryl never acted like this. i wouldn't say he was exactly a mean drunk, just angry and a bit emotional.

'i promise i'm not drunk.' he said (the words of a drunk man) as he cuddled up to me, pressing a kiss behind my ear 'i love you y/n.' as he went to sleep. i quickly drifted off too.

-time skip-

the next morning i woke up with him still behind me, his face buried in my hair. his breath was gentle and relaxing.

i pulled his arm off me, careful not to wake him. as i made my way to the kitchen to get a drink of water to help my slight hangover (we drank about the same amount but he was much larger than me so it affected me more) i couldn't help but replay his words in my head.
the words i had wanted to hear since i met him at the atlanta camp.

i love you y/n.

~~~
i really enjoyed writing this one
let me know what you think
love ya🫶