our plan💛

word count:704
glenn and reader come up with an apocalypse plan one day
~~~

i sat in bed. i hadn't gone to school that day because i was sick the night before. i was still in college, studying english. it was always my dream to be a writer.

my boyfriend glenn rhee had just come home. we had been together since we were 15 so when i went to college at 18 and got my own apartment, he moved in with me. he didn't go to college, instead worked as a pizza delivery boy.

'hey y/n. you feeling any better?' he asked, sitting next to me, pressing a kiss on my head. then he noticed the mountain of snacks on the bed beside me and the tv on 'what are you watching?'

'shaun of the dead.' i answered but then remembered even thought it was my favourite movie he knew nothing about it. 'it's a simon pegg movie about some british guys in a zombie apocalypse in london. i've been watching zombie movies all day. no clue why just felt like it.'

he chuckled 'doesn't the blood and gore make you feel even more sick?'

'no.' i answered, going for a bag of chilli heat wave doritos. 'i'm good. i feel better now actually.'

he stopped me from opening the chips, handing me a pizza he brought me from work. my face lit up as i kissed him on the cheek and took a bite out of a slice of plain cheese pizza.

'you know,' i said with my mouth half full, 'it's not impossible that there will come a virus that makes everyone zombies. we should have an apocalypse plan. just in case the day does come.'

he laughed at my idea but when along with it 'okay. well we would want to get out of the city. there's would be less people in the country so it would be safer. less zombies there.'

'smart.' i nodded, finishing my slice of pizza. 'but before we go we would want to rob an armoury. get weapons, like guns and knives and stuff. and a store. get food and supplies.'

'yes.' he smiled, really getting into our jokey, childish conversation. 'and we would want to find an isolated farm house somewhere so we can grow food and stuff but make sure it had a store not too far so if we need to run out and get anything we're not too far from home.'

-time skip-

i was laying in my tent with glenn, cuddled up to him. the apocalypse hit not long ago and we were in a small camp just outside the city. we had been brought there by my uncle dale. everyone else there was really nice.

it was late and everyone else was asleep. i couldn't thought. no matter how hard i tried just my eyes wouldn't stay shut and my brain would shut down for the night.

i walked out to find the fire still crackling and lori, the sheriffs wife was sat there with her son, carl asleep with his head in her lap.

'hey lori.' i greeted, sitting across from her. we sat in silence, both staring at the fire, the only sound being carls soft breathing and the embers crackling.

lori left, carrying carl away when glenn came out, sitting next to me. 'hey y/n. you left.' he stated the obvious. i just sat in silence. 'what's up?' he pulled me into his embrace.

'do you remember a few years ago? i was sick and stayed in bed all day watching zombie movies?' i asked.

'of course.' he chuckled. 'i watched 28 days later with you and was too scared to sleep but you drifted off midway through.'

i chuckled at the memory 'yeah. do you remember our plan? we never got to do it. i loved that plan. i would have loved to run away with you, live on an isolated farm. maybe even start a family with you there.'

he sighed 'i know, i would have loved that too. but just be happy we're not geeks. at least we have people to help us and we can keep each other safe.' he pressed his lips to the top of my head as i drifted off by the fire.

~~~
i would have to say this is either my first or second favourite so far it was so cute to write
don't forget to let me know your thoughts🫶