invasion❤️‍🩹

word count:690
carl and reader are together when alexandria gets broken into
~~~

i ran as fast as i could. i was right by the gate when a whole group of people burst in, causing havoc to spread over alexandria.

as they ran round, killing whoever they could get to, i ran in the direction of my house. except, just my luck, it was surrounded. i snuck round, attempting to find an unguarded entrance but to no avail.

behind me, over the screams of helpless people i heard carl screaming 'y/n! come in here!' ushering me into his house.

i slammed the door behind me and locked it as he raised his finger to his lips 'shh. judith is sleeping.'

'sorry.' i whispered, stepping away from the door, following him to the hallway where he sat on the floor, me doing the same, leaning my back against his.

'it's quiet in here.' i said after leaving a long moment of silence. 'it almost sounds like there's nothing wrong, and everything is calm. it's weird.'

'well sorry but i can't open a window.' carl joked through the seriousness of the situation. he may be one of the most protective people i knew but always knew how to lift my spirits away from fear.

'carl?' i ask once the atmosphere gets awkward again, 'why did you pull me in here?'

'because,' he paused, 'i care about you.' his breathing got heavier but slower after he said this, waiting for me to say something back. was it possible that my long term crush since the farm actually liked me? but he continued 'i care about everyone here. i'll try help whoever i can.'

i let out the breath i was unconsciously holding and scoffed at myself 'you know, for a second i thought you were going to say you love me.' i admitted. 'i was scared.' i lied.

his breathing became suspenseful again. 'i do. you probably don't want to hear it but i love you. i didn't want to admit it. i don't know if this world would allow me to fall in love during the apocalypse.'

my jaw dropped as i turned around to find he had been staring at the back of my head this whole time. i stared deep into his ocean blue eyes, leaning my face in so that i could feel his hot breath on my face. but we then heard something come up to the door and it opened, making us back away and both hold our guns towards the sound. it was only enid.

-time skip-

several hours later, the people who had come in had gone and it still wasn't safe but safe to leave the house at least. i had disappeared to watch judith when enid snuck out, leaving carl downstairs on his own.

he came upstairs a moment later, looking into the room to find me with judith in my arms, bouncing her slightly, to try keep her calm after everything that happened, and feeding her sone apple sauce.

he came up behind me, resting his hand on my shoulder, making me jump and giggle slightly when i realised it was him.

'um...remember where we were when enid came in. do you maybe want to continue from there.' he asked, leaning his face towards mine.

i put down the spoon in my hand and put judith back down in her crib, turning towards him. i didn't even have a second before his hands were on my cheeks and his lips on mine.

his lips had that effect to make a minute feel like an hour and it made me weak in the knees. i loved every second that his face was pressed to mine and i never wanted it to end.

i pulled away, smiling before i heard a knock on the door and my mom shout through the house' y/n? are you in here?'

i didn't even answer my mom before i looked back at carl, smiling 'got to go. i'll see you later yeah?'

'can you come over in a few hours? i like your company and i want to talk.' he asked as i ran off.

'of course.' i called back as i disappeared out the house.

~~~
ahh i loved this episode and i was really happy writing this
as always let me know if you liked it🫶