get you to safety💛

word count:549
glenn tries to help the reader out of the prison when it's attacked by the governor and his men
~~~

it was pure chaos. everyone was terrified and running around screaming. i was hiding behind a stack of wooden crates with only one thing on my mind. glenn. where was he? was he safe?

as the questions raced through my mind, i saw, out of the corner of my eye, someone kneel down beside me. 'glenn!' i wrapped my arms around his neck, peppering his face in kisses, thankful that nothing had happened to him.

he looked me in the eye, 'look y/n, there's a bus waiting to get us out of here, somewhere safer. but we need to go now.'

i peered over the crates to see mayhem everywhere. i couldn't move from my hiding spot. i would die immediately. my body tensed up and i sat there petrified. the only part i could move was my head and all i could do was shake it to tell glenn 'no, i'm not going anywhere. i can't'. i could even feel tears of fear make their way down my face and my heart rate sped up and my breathing became heavy and restrained.

glenn clearly noticed that i was headed for a panic attack because he grabbed my face to make me look at him. 'y/n. if you come with me you may die getting to the bus, yes. but there's also the possibility that you won't. and you'll have me to protect you if you just come with me. but if you stay here, they'll get you and i will never forgive myself for letting that happen to you. so please, come with me so i can help you and keep you safe.' he pleaded.

i took a deep breath as he leaned in so i could feel his breath hitting my ear and whispered 'you're okay. i'll protect you.'

i nodded, scrambling to my feet and glen grasped my hand tightly, leading me towards the bus on the other side of everything.

we were nearly there, we could have got to safety, but i got dragged away in the crowd. i couldn't see him anymore. where was glenn? i needed him. i couldn't get out on my own.

'y/n?! y/n?!' i could hear him calling out to me but every time, he sounded farther and farther away. i wouldn't get back to him if i was being dragged in the opposite direction.

i pushed people aside, manoeuvring my way thought the cluster of people that separated me from glenn. i couldn't get through in some places and had to let myself be carried off until i could get past so it took me a while, which i new would not end well for me.

eventually, i pushed through the mob to see the tattered, old bus i was supposed to be on turn the corner, and glenn nowhere in sight.

had he got on it and left without me? no. he wouldn't do that. but i couldn't see him and the bus had left so had he?

i did the only sensible thing i could think of in that moment where my head wasn't on straight and run. out of the prison, far off into the woods, with no more than a knife and gun, unsure if i would ever find glenn again.

~~~
i honestly miss glenn so much i want my baby back so i wrote this.
as always let me know what you think🫶