the girl❤️

word count:629
reader finds enid in their cabin
~~~

i had been out all day. walkers surrounded the cabin i had found for shelter. it was an small, ancient, wooden cabin in the middle of nowhere. but it was sturdy and safe.

i came back with my back in pain from carrying a bag full of food for a few miles. but i had no time to put it down and relax because the second i opened the creaky door, i had a blade in my face.

i looked behind it to see the person holding it. it was a girl, around my age is. 'woah.' i stopped her. 'i'm not going to hurt you. you came into my cabin. i have no intention of hurting you. so can you please put the knife down and we can talk. i'm y/n. and you are?'

she slowly lowered her knife, shaking as she answered, 'enid.' she had tears in her eyes, she was scared. 'i'm sorry. i've been walking for weeks. i was going to escape with my parents but the monsters got them. i just saw this place an no one was here so i just came in, i'm sorry. i can go.'

she went to grab her bag and leave but i held her wrist with a tight grasp. 'no, it's fine. you can stay. it'd we nice to have some company for once.' i offered. 'how old are you enid? you just seem really young.'

'14.' she answered. 'what about you?'

'same.' i walked into the kitchen area, putting the bag down and beginning to unpack what i found. 'you can sleep in the bed in the corner, i'll just take the couch.'

'thank you.' she said quietly as i made us something to eat. as we ate, we sat in silence. it was starting to get dark.

'it's getting late. i might go to bed.' i got up from my seat on the floor and chucked a blanket over me as i laid back on the couch.

enid walked over to the bed. and sat on it. 'you know y/n, you can always come sleep in the bed with me. it's not that small. she was right, there was plenty of space but i didn't know how she would feel in the same bed as someone she just met.

but she was offering so i walked over, laying down beside her. it was much more comfortable here than the couch. the silence made up both clearly awkward so she filled it 'where are you parents y/n?'

i sighed 'i don't know. my dad just got up one day and left when i was two and my mom got sick and died when i was 7. my aunt and uncle raised me after that but they turned almost instantly.'

i heard her breath heavily before we went back to silence. 'i'm sorry about your parents.'

'i'm sorry about yours too. and your aunt and uncle.' she frowned in the dark. i could faintly make out her features, her blue-hazel eyes being the brightest.

-time skip-

i got up when the sun did. enid stayed asleep thought. it was clear she hadn't slept in ages. i didn't want to wake her thought. she looked gorgeous when she slept anyway.

she woke up a while later while i was just making breakfast and some for her. 'thank you.' she smiled. 'y/n, i have a confession. last night when i was going to leave, i didn't want to. not only because i could be safer in here but because you're sweet, and you seem nice, and funny, and you're beautiful.' she confessed, making my jaw drop.

i walked over to her, planting a kiss on her cheek rather than an actual worded response, making her blush.

~~~
ahhh im actually such a simp for enid i love her so much
as always let me know what you thought🫶