injured🤍

word count:641
reader gets injured but is really stubborn about letting rick help them
~~~

we had been out with no shelter for days, stuck in the woods. it was only me, michonne carl and rick. we had been chased out of the prison we had made home in a while ago, so now we had nothing.

'there some houses up ahead, like a mile or so. i used to live there.' i explained, taking the lead as they followed me through the woods.

rick was ahead while i walked with carl and michonne behind. i kept looking up to check on rick. he seemed too quiet right now. it was unusual.

you know how you're always told to walk with your head up, well sometimes looking down is good because you can see where you're stepping.

when i looked up to check on rick, i tripped on a tree root. my ankle had been pushed almost 180 degrees round when i tripped.

i fell to the floor, clutching my ankle, wincing in pain as rick came back to make sure i was alright. 'what happened?' he asked, rushing to kneel down to me.

'it's fine.' i shook my head, crawling to my feet. 'i just tripped, i'll be fine.'

'y/n your ankle nearly twisted the entire way round you cant be okay.' carl pointed out, observing the pain visible on my face as i tried to walk.

'shut up you little midget.' i turned around to him before turning back to rick who was walking beside me to make sure i was okay. 'i'm fine really.'

i kept a tight face, trying not to cry from the pain i was insisting i wasn't in as i limped behind everyone.

i could see rick ahead, constantly looking back at me every two seconds, often asking if i was sure i was alright, which i always said i was. he knew i was lying from the look on my face as i walked but he just let me be. if i was going to be stubborn, he would let me rather than fight me on it.

after about 10 more minutes, he slowed down to drop back beside me, giving in 'y/n i know you're really stubborn but can you not be just this once. you're clearly in pain so let me help you.'

i shook my head, seriously rick, i'm fine. i can walk.'

i payed no attention to him beside me as he sighed and scooped me up into his strong arms, carrying me bridal style. it took me by surprise but i didn't mind. i really liked rick but of course first me was married, but them he lost his wife. just when i thought maybe it was the right time to tell him how i felt, the prison got attacked and he lost judith. i just couldn't get the right time to tell him.

of course i didn't want him to know until i told him so i faked not liking being carried by him 'rick, what the hell are you doing?'

'well you may be insisting that you can walk, which you can't, but you're slowing us all down, so i'm gonna carry you until we stop and you can rest your ankle.' he explained.

i sighed, 'okay, fine, that's fair.' i finally admitted 'my ankle does really actually hurt.' i frowned.

he chuckled, 'and you know it probably wouldn't hurt that much if you just let me do this earlier rather than walk on it for 15 minutes.'

i jokingly hit his chest 'don't be a smartass.' we both laughed to ourselves as michonne and carl walked behind us and rick had overtaken them now. he carried me until we stopped for the night, which i was really grateful for. and he even wrapped my ankle with some medical supplies he found in the house we were just in.

~~~
yay another rick one i honestly love rick and of course mick grimes if you don't follow him on insta and tiktok u really should
as always please let me know if you liked this one🫶