cookies🤍

word count:525
rick and reader have a food fight while baking cookies
request by:@blueehairedbitch
~~~

i had invited rick over as he was my best friend. i had been at alexandria since the beginning but i never really spoke to anyone except him when he got here. of course he was my best friend because he was the one who brought me out of my shell.

when he showed up at the door, he looked drained, as if he was up all night. i knew the feeling, when theres something on your mind so you can't sleep all night.

i gave him a sad look 'are you okay?'

as he stepped through the door, he gave me an unconvincing nod 'all good. why did you want me to come over?'

i shrugged 'didn't want to be alone, but i don't want to leave this house.' i chuckled 'i'm aware it's stupid but-'

'it's not stupid.' he cut me off.

i pouted 'somethings wrong. tell me, what's on your mind ricky?'

he smiled, laughing at the nickname 'i guess the saviours. they're just always in my head. i feel like they'll attack at any minute. when i do sleep, i have nightmares of him killing carl and judith right in front of me.'

'nothing will happen.' i assured him. my hands went to his rough, stubbly cheeks but i didn't need to move his head to look at me as he was significantly taller so he would've still been looking down 'carls a strong kid. and judith has all of us to look after her. i especially will not let anything happen to that adorable baby girl.'

he nodded, still seeming unconvinced. i pouted again before getting an idea 'i was planning on baking because i haven't seen you in ages. i was going to bring over my chocolate chip cookies that you grimes love. how about you help me?'

'yeah okay.' he agreed as i dragged him to the kitchen.

'okay, wash your hands first.' i instructed him, which he did as i said. as he washed his hands, i organised everything into the order they would be needed before washing my own.

as we mixed everything together, i noticed him still looking kind of glum so an idea popped into my head. i reached my hand into the flour, sprinkling a bit in his curls before throwing the rest in his face.

i giggled at the sight of flour stuck in his beard and eyebrows as he gave me an angry look before taking some flour and getting me back.

i laughed as i grabbed one of the eggs from across the table, smashing it on his head. i nearly fell over laughing as i watched the egg white drip onto his nose.

he pulled me in, kissing me gently. as he pulled away, i didn't notice him wipe his hand on his hair, getting most of the egg in his hand.

'olivia will kill us for wasting resources.' he said before wiping the egg on my face.

i cringed at the slimy feeling 'worth it. besides, we can always go find more stuff.'

we finished baking the cookies before getting a shower while they were in the oven.

~~~
loved this makes me wish i still had a bf/gf to have a cookie food fight with😭
lmk if you enjoyed🫶