deformed❤️‍🩹

word count:629
the reader looses their arm
~~~

carl and i had gone on a run with his dad and we had gotten separated. we made it to a clearing when i looked up at the dark sky.

'what are you thinking about?' he asked from beside me.

his voice pulled me out of my thoughts. i looked deep into his blue eye 'what if we don't find you dad and we don't get back to alexandria?'

he put his hands on my face 'we will don't worry.'

as i looked back up at the sky, i saw a flare go off in the distance. i pulled out my walkie i borrowed from my dad as he stayed back 'rick was that flare you?'

i hear static before a response 'yeah i've been trying to get through to you but your walkie turned off.'

'there's a cabin in the middle meet there and we can head back home.'

static. 'okay i'll see you there.'

as carl and i began stepping through the forest, i heard groaning. my head whipped around but i saw nothing 'did you hear that?'

'no?' he answered looking scared 'are you sure it's not just your paranoia? you get that a lot.'

'maybe.' i shrugged it off but stayed alert.

a few minutes later i heard the groaning again and so did he this time. we whipped around and saw a hoard coming towards us.

we wasted all our bullets killing them for a second time as it would've been far too dangerous to stab them. as my hand lowered my gun, i felt a sharp pain in my arm.

i screamed out in pain, falling to the dirty ground as carl stabbed the walker that but me in the head. 'no, no, no, no, no!' he panicked, rushing to my side.

through my own blurry vision from tears of pain, i could make out his electric blue eye and the tears in it dripping onto my head.

'carl it's okay, i'm okay.' i tried to calm him.

but he argued back 'how are you okay? you got bit!'

'carl if you do it quickly we can amputate it.' i talked some sense into him.

he nodded, rushing to get his belt off for me to bite down on before getting an axe from his bag.

i bit down on the belt as i felt my arm getting hacked off and tightly wrapped to stop the bleeding.

when it was done, i pulled carl into a hug with my remaining arm before drying his eyes 'it's okay. i won't die. i won't turn. i'll be okay.'

-time skip-

we met rick at the cabin before they took me back to alexandria where i wad immediately taken to the infirmary.

it took a few days before denise said i could go home so i immediately went to carls. when i opened his bedroom door, he was sat there looking tired and worried with red, puffy eyes.

'hey.' i got his attention.

when he saw me, a look of relief washed over him. 'oh my god you're okay.' he looked down at my arm which now ended just below my elbow. 'i'm so sorry.'

'it's okay. you did the right thing.'

'the right thing would've been to protect you and this wouldn't have happened.' he looked sorry 'your dad is so mad at me. he has the right.'

'yeah but now i'm deformed. i'm missing an arm you're missing an eye. we can be deformed together.' i smiled, trying to make the bad situation seem better.

he looked down to me,  chuckling. 'i guess so.' he leaned down and kissed me softly.

when we pulled away, i joked 'i think the deformed couple has a nice ring to it don't you.'

that made him laugh.

~~~

i planned on the reader dying but changed my mind while writing 😭 if there's anyone who takes offence to this im so sorry i don't mean to offend anyone
as always lmk if you enjoyed this one🫶