imposter🤍

word count:622
rick and reader are in a relationship and they confess that negan is their brother
~~~

it had happened. i had fallen in love with him. god! how the hell could i be so stupid? how could i let my emotions get in the way of my mission.

my older brother, negan, had sent me into alexandria as an imposter to get as much intel as i could on the group who killed his men. i thought the best way to do this was to fake being in love with their leader, rick grimes. that would be easy as before all this i was a nurse and he was the sheriff which meant he showed up at the hospital a lot so we knew each other. but little did i know that a fake romance could lead to a real one. faking a love for him had made me actually fall for him.

now i didn't want to see his group go down. especially if he had kids and babies in their group. i told rick i was going out on a run, which i was i would get some stuff while i was out. but i mainly left because i had a meet up planned with my brother.

'y/n, how's it going?' he laughed, ruffling my hair as he pulled me into a hug.

'they haven't told me anything. they still don't want to trust me too much just in case.' i lie. i knew everything but there was no way i would tell him anything. i couldn't betray ricks trust like that.

he sighed 'well then make them trust you. or we will turn on you, regardless if you're blood.' i never thought my brother was capable of threatening me, since he practically raised me.

i nodded, not saying a words as he walked back to the group he brought with him. i waved as they left, me going my own direction towards a store i knew was nearby to see what i could find.

-time skip-

i got back just before it got dark. rick was busy so i was sat in the kitchen, feeding judith. carl was also in there, eating a snack he found in the pantry.

rick came in, sighing as he kicked off his shoes. he came over, kissing the side of my head, just above my ear 'i'm gonna go to bed. can you please get judith to bed?'

'of course. goodnight.' i kissed his lips.

i put judith to bed a bit later on and went to bed myself after checking on carl like i normally did.

'hey.' i softly greeted rick who was still sat up in bed with his head in his hands. 'what's wrong?'

'just this negan stuff. stressful.' he admitted. he would never say that to anyone else, just keep a strong front.

i sighed. as i stripped my pants and climed into the bed, just in my underwear and shirt. 'rick. i have something to confess.' he looked at me before i continued. 'negan is my brother. he sent me here to get intel on you and feed back to him. but i haven't told him anything. saying it out loud i realise that it would be outrageous for you to let me stay here. if you wanna kick me out you can.'

bis jaw dropped at my confession and i could see tears start to form in his ice blue eyes before he blinked they back and collected himself. 'i think that would be best. you should leave. we don't know if we can really trust you.'

'okay, yeah, i understand.' i got up, packing my things into my back pack. i went to the armoury, getting my gun back before leaving alexandria for as long as i had too, maybe forever.

~~~
it made me really sad writing this i'm sorry
don't forget to let me know what you thought🫶