run pt.2🖤

word count:489
pt. 2 to the previous chapter
~~~

it had been a few weeks since daryl sacrificed himself to the walkers. negan had come and taken nearly everything we got while we were out. meanwhile i kept myself held up in my room.

i was so heartbroken over the love of my life that i was refusing to eat and was always sleeping. my nephew, carl would come into my room with judith every now and again, although that wouldn't do much. only remind me that daryl was gone before we got the chance to start the family we talked about having, making me more depressed, so he stopped and just left me alone.

i had just woken up, even though it was now the afternoon, to a knock on my door. ugh, please don't be rick trying to cheer me up. as much as i loved my brother, i just wanted to be alone. 'who is it?'

'it's me. i have something that'll cheer you up.' rick called from the other side of the door.

i sighed 'you've said that every time but i don't feel any happier.'

'trust me.' he said, unlocking the door, before i even let him come in.

he stepped to the side to reveal someone stood behind him. a man in dark clothes with long, dark brown, greasy hair. he had a crossbow in his hand and a smile on his face. 'hey baby.'

'daryl!' i screamed, jumping up and wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him in. i covered his entire face in a million kisses, making him giggle with every one. 'please never do that again. i thought you died.'

'i would never leave you sweetheart.' he muttered into my hair.

-time skip-

later that night, daryl and i were in bed, talking. i thought of the one thing i wanted to ask the entire time he was gone 'daryl?'

he hummed in response and asked 'what is it baby?'

'when you were gone, carl and judith kept coming in trying to cheer me up. it didn't do anything though. but it reminded me of all those nights ween we'd lay here and talk about someday starting our own family. like our own kids and raise them here in alexandria. when you do you think we could.'

i looked up at him and he had an eyebrow raised at me so i continued 'well you know. our relationship has been strong since the beginning. and we've been together for a few years now, i just wanted to know when you wanted to start our family that we talked about.'

he stopped, looking at the ceiling in thought for a minute. 'maybe we should start soon. we're not gonna live forever.' he kissed my lips.

i giggled into the kiss 'well, you've proved that you might.'

he chuckled at my comment. 'i love you so much y/n' he kissed me again.

'i love you even more, daryl dixon.'

~~~
i couldn't leave you on the last parts sad ending so here you go
don't forget to love and love ya🫶