i need you💛

word count:496
reader nearly gets them killed and thinks glenn would be better off on his own
~~~

'let's go!' i shout to glenn. there were geeks everywhere. we had the ammo but it still wasn't safe. the two of us could never fight this many by ourselves.

i ran to the door, glenn beside me, kicking it open to reveal an even bigger hoard. there was no way were getting out of there.

by my feet, i saw a chain with a padlock attached to one of the links. and the padlock was open. i wrapped it round the door handles multiple times to keep the most geeks possible out.

'we'll just have to try kill this lot and get out the back way.' i said, raising my gun and beginning to shoot out as many brains as i could hit, with help from glenn.

we squeezed through whatever gaps we could to get through without wasting to much ammo.

eventually, we got out, pushing through the doors and i wrapped a chain around this door too.

i sighed, relieved as i pulled a bottle of black spray paint out my bag and wrote on the door 'dont open dead inside'

i put the can back in my bag and stood back up, walking off with glenn running after me. 'y/n! where the hell are we going?'

'nowhere.' i turned around. 'i'm going to find somewhere safe.' his face dropped. 'i suggested to go that way which let more geeks in getting us nearly killed. you're smart glenn, and braver than you think. you'll be better off without my stupid ass in the way of your own survival. so i'm just just going to go and let you save yourself.'

i try to turn and walk away but i feel his soft hand hold onto my arm 'no. you may have accidentally let them in but you couldn't have know. also i wouldn't have made it through the hoard without you to help me kill as many as possible so i really need you. and i don't want you to leave. i love you too much.'

my jaw dropped slightly. he had just said the words i had wanted to hear from him since i met him years before the apocalypse even started. me and some of my college friends used to order pizza nearly every other night and he always used to be the delivery boy and i thought he was really cute. when we found each other i thought i had missed my chance to say anything because who knows how long we would live.

i smiled at him 'i love you too glenn.' i leaned in to kiss him and he did the same but before our lips met, we heard a few geeks come round the corner.

we had to run towards the outside of the city before i got the chance to do what i had wanted to do for ages but at least we both were still alive. and at least we got the chance later.

~~~
sort and sweet
i'm sure by now you know what i'm going to say so i won't say it again but you know what to do🫶