survivor🤍

word count:465
rick carl and michonne find the reader in the middle of the woods
~~~

i stumbled over tree roots as i weaved between them, making my way through the woods. it had been weeks since i had eaten anything or gotten even a drop of water and i was growing weaker by the second. it made it no better that every turn had danger round it so i had to be cautious.

approaching me, i saw a man with longish, curly, greasy hair followed by a woman with a katana and a young teenage boy wearing a sheriffs hat.

'are you okay?' the woman asked, walking closer while the other two stopped. they seemed worried, like i was a danger to them but I couldn't blame them. everything could be dangerous now.

'i'm fine. do you guys know if there's any water source nearby?' i croaked out, speaking hurting my dry throat.

the man stepped forward. 'can i ask you some questions first?' i nodded. 'how many walkers have you killed?'

'i don't know, not many. i'm not great with weapons so I'm better off just running.' i answered truthfully.

'how many people have you killed?'

'two. my best friend and brother.'

'why?'

'my brother got bit so i had to. and my best friend and i got taken hostage and i was forced to.'

he nodded. he paused for a minute before going into the bag on his shoulder and throwing a bottle of water to me. 'we're headed to a sanctuary. you're welcome to tag along, it's better than being out here alone, especially without anything to protect you.'

'thank you.' i smiled, taking a gulp of the water.

i walked beside him for a while. we were silent before i asked 'why would you trust me? i mean for all you know i was lying back there and i'm going to kill you. you can't really trust anyone no matter what they say.'

'well you make a good point.' he looked at me them back at the path 'but I can read people. and I doubt you would bring that up if you were going to kill us, you'd be selling yourself out.'

this made me chuckle slightly 'yeah I guess you're right. I never introduced myself.'i held you my hand for him to shake 'y/n.'

'Rick.' he shook it. pointing at the woman ahead of us, 'that's michonne.' and the kid 'that's carl.' it was silent before he said 'i can teach you to shoot if you want. then you'll know how to use a gun, incase you ever get stuck on your own again.'

i nodded 'thanks. that would be cool.' i liked rick. he was nice, and somewhat attractive. i just hoped i could stay with this small group long enough to survive. i was already a survivor before, but barely.

~~~
sorry updates have been slower recently i've been busy at the moment
anyway as always dont forget to vote