halloween🤍

word count:579
reader convinces rick to let their grimes family have a halloween movie night
~~~

i always loved halloween. the candy, the decorations, the costumes, but mostly the movies. when the apocalypse hit all that went away but shortly after we came to alexandria, i found a nearby video store so i guess i could get the best part back.

i was currently trying to convince rick to do a family movie night with me. 'come on it would be fun. me, you, carl, judith, and some scary movies.'

'i'm not letting judith watch movies about monsters or murderers.' rick protested.

i sigh and roll my eyes 'she lives in a world full of it but shes not allowed to see the movies?' he wouldn't give in 'fine we can watch nightmare before christmas and the horror movies start after she goes down. it's a kids movie so it's fine.'

he continued to argue it 'carl won't want to. he's a teenager. he'd rather run off and do his own thing.'

turns out the boy was listening to us as he came down for a drink. as he poured himself a glass of water, he leaned on the counter and sided with me 'no i think it sounds fun. we definitely should.'

i stood beside him as we both gave rick 'please' smiles. he couldn't argue any further so he just gave in.

later that day, carl came with me to the video store. i already had taken the tv and the tape player when i had a car with me so that was already there. we picked up nightmare before christmas, halloween, nightmare on elm street, the shining and carrie. we also picked up loads of snacks to keep us going during all of them.

halloween was the next day and i found some clothes that i turned into a witch costume for judith which she loved. later that night, we put on the movie.

judith fell asleep just before the end of the one we got for her. i took her upstairs as carl changed the movie to halloween.

i curled up to rick as we watched laurie strode run away from the masked murderer. i laughed every time she made a rookie mistake that nearly got her killed.

the next movie was the shining which carl fell asleep during. rick and i quietly snickered and chewed in twizzlers as we listened to carls snored.

after a while it go annoying so i kicked him in the shoulder from my side of the couch 'hey, what was that for?' he was mad when he woke up.

i laughed 'you were snoring and it was really annoying. i had no choice but to wake you.' the movie finished. 'but i don't think you'll fall asleep during the next one.' i held up nightmare on elm street 'or freddie kruger will get you.'

he laughed as i put the movie on. this time, i fell asleep. i woke up to rick joking with carl 'says you're not going to sleep or freddie kruger will get you, then immediately falls asleep.'

carl laughed 'i don't think she'll wake up. she get caught before she does.'

i took the opportunity to pretend to be asleep for a while. when they least expected it, i jumped up, shouting 'boo!' in carls face.

i laughed as he screamed like a little girl. it was late and the movie was over so we called it a night before we got to carrie. the best halloween i'd had in ages.

~~~
i wrote this one back in may cos halloween in my fav holiday and i've been saving it so i rly hope it wasn't for nothing lol
as always lmk if u liked it🫶