thunderstorm💖

word count:429
reader is scared during a storm and maggie soothes them
~~~

it was no secret that literally everything terrified me. that was the only reason i was still alive in the apocalypse, fear made my first reaction to everything flight.

while everything scared me, my main fear was thunder. i always hated loud noises and thunder was the one thing i couldn't run from. the lightning was okay not my favourite.

i was laying in bed beside maggie. we had come to the farm a week ago and we had quickly grown close. she had seen me wandering around in the middle of the night so she invited me to stay in her room.

i was jolted awake by a flash of bright white light from outside the window. when the loud boom of the thunder began, i sat up, shrieking.

as i laid back down, i pulled the blanket over my head in an attempt to hide. this was pointless thought because i could still hear the booming clouds and see the flashes of light.

'y/n? are you okay?' i hear maggie ask.

i pulled the blanket off of me, nodding at her. 'yeah maggie, i'm fine.'

'you're not. is the thunder scaring you?' i nodded. 'have you ever actually watched a thunder storm?'

'no. if it scares me why would i?'

'because your reaction to everything is flight but if you actually saw the thing you're scared of, maybe it wouldn't seem as bad.' she explained 'how about we sit at the window and watch the storm together?'

i nodded, following her to the window and sitting on the bench in front of it. she was right, actually seeing the light in the clouds didn't seem as bad when i could see where it was coming from.

i sat there, listening to the clouds rumble and the light irregularly alternate between sheets and forks. watching it was actually more relaxing than i expected it to be.

'it's pretty isn't it?' maggie smiled at the expression of awe on my face.

'i never realised the things that seem scary can be so beautiful.' i smiled up at the sky. 'except for walkers, they're scary and ugly.'

she laughed. she was one of those things. she seemed scary when i first met her, quite forward and the complete opposite of me. but once i actually spoke to her and got to know her, she was the sweetest person i had ever met.

i laid my head down on her lap as she leaned against the wall behind her as we fell asleep to the fading rumbling and dimming lights.

~~~
bit short but i hope you enjoyed.
let me know if u did lovelies🫶