dad❤️‍🩹

word count:982
same as the last chapter but he survives
request by:@tarasucksyourballs
~~~

i sit back in the house. carl was out and i couldn't go. i felt sick so he refused to let me leave, thinking it would slow me down and something would happen to me. i loved how protective he was.

i had been sick for days so he had worried about me non stop and he was probably still worrying. little did he know that i was only sick because i was pregnant. we were young but i was sure he would be thrilled. he always looked up to rick so this gave him the chance to be even more like him and he had told me before that if he lived long enough he would want to be a dad.

i told michonne the day after carl left because she came to check up on me since it was only the two of us. she also checked up on me mentally because i was always prone to worrying and with carl out and me not being there to keep an eye on him in case he did something dumb she suspected it would be driving me crazy.

i was out on the porch with judith, watching as she sat on the floor, playing with some of her toys i found a few months ago.

i looked up when i heard the gates open, watching carl come through. i ran up to my lovely boyfriend, jumping into his arms as he spun me round, taking a breath.

'i missed you.' i smiled.

'i missed you too.' he set me back on my feet, kissing my lips.

-time skip-

it had been a few days since he was home. negan had come and tried to bomb alexandria so everyone was hiding in the sewers.

i was sat with carl and rick in the corner with judith on my lap, soothing her and trying to keep her calm as she cried a bit.

she eventually drifted of to sleep and rick was checking up on people so now was the time.

'she looks so cute.' carl smiled at me and his little sister in my lap.

'she does. i love her so much. i love looking after her.' i smiled at her sleeping.

i heard him take a deep breath. 'she loves you too. you'd make a great mom if we both stay long enough to get to that point.'

'we will don't worry.' he looked at me confused as to how i knew 'carl, i'm pregnant. i know were only young but i'm sure we'll do it somehow.'

his jaw dropped as tears of joy welled in his eyes. he embraced me in his arms and kissed my head and face all over. 'i love you so much. and i'll love our kid, i promise.'

-time skip-

after everything had died down we told rick and he and carl took me to hill top so that i'd have doctors. carl stayed with me there.

months later we had an adorable baby girl who we named lori after his mom, even if she never liked me since we met at the farm, she meant a lot to carl.

we were sat inside on the bed. i had put lori up against some pillows and i sat in front of her with a jar of applesauce in my hand. carl was sat behind me with his arms around my stomach, leaving kisses all over my neck as i fed our daughter.

enid came in 'hey y/n can you come help me move something.'

'of course.' i said getting up and handing the jar and spoon to carl.

enid needed help moving a few boxes out of one of the trailers to make more room in there. i immediately returned to the room. the door was open a crack so i could hear what carl was saying to lori. 'i'm very happy i was okay when i went out.'

i leaned closer to hear what he was saying as he continued 'before your mom told me about you i had gone out and i was helping someone. as we were trying to get out of the woods i nearly got bit by a walker. but i didn't and i came back safe and now i get to help your mom raise you. i promise that i will always keep you safe. my mom, who we named you after, before she died she told me i would beat this world. so far i have, and you're my daughter so i can confidently say the same thing to you.'

tears welled in my eyes at his words as i pushed the door open. i came up behind him, wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him. i kissed his head, some of his long hair getting stuck to my lips. 'i love you carl.'

'i love you too.'

his hat was beside him on the bed so i picked it up and but it on lori's head. she was only small so it didn't fit and tipped forward. i pushed it back as she giggled and grabbed the edges.

'that's yours now.' he said to her.

i smiled 'but carl that's your hat. it's the most special thing in the world to you.'

'no it's not. it used to be but i have a family now.' he kissed me again and put his hand in his pocked pulling out a ring. some of the diamonds were missing but it was still beautiful. 'i found this when i went out with jesus the other day. i know it's not the best but i couldn't find anything better. will you marry me?'

my jaw dropped and i pulling him into a kiss 'of course.' we were only 17 but we were doing really well and there was nothing i wanted more than spending the rest of my life with him.

~~~
when i got this request i just thought how the hell could i not i loved writing this one and i really wish he lived i cried for 2 hours when he died😭
as usual let me know if you liked it by voting love you all🫶