period💖

word count:574
maggies daughter gets her first period
requested by: @sadlyalive7834
~~~

i look through the drawers. we had found a house in the middle of nowhere and i found a teenage girls bedroom. i had a growth spurt recently and gone from 4'10 to 5'3 so quickly so all my clothes from the beginning of the apocalypse didn't fit me anymore.

i found some clean underwear, black cargo sweatpants and a long sleeved, tight fitted, dark zebra print shirt. it all felt comfortable in my hands so i decided i should put it on.

as i stripped of my blood stained shirt, i changed into the shirt and bra as i now needed one. and as i pulled down my underwear, i noticed the blood?

was i bit? was i dying? i checked around in the mirror behind me but nothing was there.

i hurriedly changed my underwear before heading down the hall to where my mom was, maggie. 'hey, mom. there's a problem, can i talk to you?'

'of course sweetie.' we shut the door and both sat on the bed. 'what is it?'

i tried to stay calm but immediately broke down into tears 'i was changing and there was blood and i'm scared.' i said in all one breath.

'where was the blood?' she looked concerned.

'umm...' i looked down 'down...there.'

my mom chucked lightly 'sweetie. you're 11, this was going to happen. it's just your period.' i looked at her confused 'when you start to get older, once a month, you start to bleed. it's the wall of your uterine lining shedding because you're not pregnant.'

'so this is going to happen once a month. for how long?' i asked.

she shrugged 'it ranges. it will stop around 40ish. maybe even 50.' she stood up 'go get pants on and i'll take you to find some pads.'

'don't you have some?' i asked, not wanting to leave. 'my stomach hurts.'

'oh yeah. that will happen. you'll get cramps and it will feel like your intestines are being ripped out of you.' she explained 'i don't use pads, when you get a but older you'll start using tampons. but for now, you need to start with pads.'

i got up, returning when i had the sweatpants on. 'i'm ready.'

she took me out to a convenience store in the nearby town, getting some condoms for her and her new boyfriend, glenn (which she thought i didn't see) before picking up some pads. 'these have the best absorbency and wings so they'll stay better.'

'how do i...' i hesitated to finish the sentence.

she nodded, taking me into the back room as rick came with us. 'so unwrap it,' i followed the instructions as she told me, 'and pull your pants down. rip off the sticky part on the bottom and stick it to the inside of your underwear. then take the sticky cover off the wings and wrap them round to the bottom.'

as i pulled my pants back up, i told her 'it feels really uncomfortable.'

'it'll loosen up in a bit. you'll barely feel it's there.' she assured me. 'you need to change it every 8 hours. remember that.'

'okay.' i nodded 'you might have to remind me, you know how bad my memory is.' i joked. i had the memory of a goldfish ever since i was little.

we headed back to the house where we joined the rest of the group before heading back on the road.

~~~
this one was cute i wish maggie was my mum i had to figure this out myself (it helped i already knew from having an older sister but yeah)
let me know your thought os this one🫶