Prologue

What is the meaning of life, when you've tried everything? No matter how much you studied, no matter what you practice yet you're still weak...

It's one of the things that people hate feeling. It's a thing a certain boy once felt. No matter how much he practices different sports, and fighting techniques. It never change his life and how he was.

Truly a powerless situation

This man tried to make it up with intelligence yet, in contrast to how the world is, it was useless. A world where criminals can attack you and kill you unless you defend yourself. How do you fight? Even those fighting methods sometimes are useless against common weaponry. Let's say you're surrounded by a group of trained militaries. You would most likely die.

A better example, is what if a nuke fell on your face?

You could never stop a nuke nor survive it, no matter how smart, or strong you are.

How could one become powerful enough to survive a nuke? Well, after pondering the question, it became obvious.

Magic

Magic was the only way to truly stop a nuke. It was also the only way to make up for the weakness he had.

So he did that. He investigated the world for magic. Travel to many places, and look for any evidence of it. Temples, artifacts, religion. Any possible medium, which could be imbued with magic, he looked for it.

However...it led to nothing. He was still a weakling...he could never hope to be someone amazing in this world...

That's right. So long as he remains in this world, it was not wrong, for him to be called... the weakest human to ever live.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Pov

Currently, in Sakurazaka Senior High, a lot of teens wearing white blazers were exiting the school grounds. After a long day of studying, they were finally allowed to have their own free time, for the rest of the day. While some people were heading home, others were heading into either club activities, extracurricular lessons, hanging out with friends, or anything to pass the time.

Among them, there was an interesting group forming, all leaving the school at the same time.

Among them, a raven-haired girl was present. One with dark eyes could be considered looking into the night sky itself. The aura of an esteemed and educated individual flows around her. Her look truly made her stand out. She wore the standard white school coat, shirt, skirt, stocking, and bow tie. This was one of, if not the most popular girl in Sakurazaka Senior High, Akane Nishino.

Her mare presence already brought attention to wherever she was going and her unique and kind personality made wonders for others

To say that, as long as you remained close to her, attention was unavoidable. A person would never be considered a mob character if she were to interact with her.