Arise

No Pov

In front of Kai, was the body of the Red-Blood Commander Igris. The strongest boss that Kai had fought in the new world.

As Kai breathed in and out, the reality of the situation finally fell in.

Kai: *Deep Breaths* Did I...win?

Very weakly, Kai used whatever strength he had left, in order to stand up. It was truly a miracle that he could even move.

The amount of damage he took. Being punched, thrown into walls. Even by this world's standards, he shouldn't be alive.

Kai's thoughts: That was actually close. Skill, ability, technique, experience...I wasn't better in any of those.

Kai's gaze then went toward the fallen knight.

Kai's thoughts: It's pure luck that I manage to win

Kai's thoughts: It's pure luck that I manage to win. If I made a mistake, I would have died. If it's this strong. It could fight toe-to-toe with high-ranking knights and not be left behind. Even outpace them.

Kai's attention then landed on a window, in which a message was displayed. However, before he could open it, the sound of heavy footsteps was heard. Running, quick in his direction.

Kai turn around, barely catching the two girls that latched onto him.

Beta: Lord Kai! You did it!

Alpha: *Worry* Are you hurt, Lord Kai!?

As the girls checked on him, Kai couldn't help but sigh.

Kai's thoughts: I should be the one asking that.

However, Kai's gaze fell on them. As he did, he noticed that neither of the girls was badly injured.

He was truly relieved. If they had gotten hurt because of him.

Kai's thoughts: Thank god...

Kai decided to return the hug, as the stayed like that with the two elves, giving them a moment of comfort.

After all...It wasn't over just yet.

Timeskip

Currently, Alpha and Beta were trying to open the main door of the dungeon, as when they entered it closed on them.

Even after Igris fell, the door didn't open. So Alpha's and Beta's priority was to make sure Kai returned safely.

However, the 15-year-old male, was looking at the rewards he'd gotten after killing the boss.