The Fate of the School

No Pov

Back in the science room, where Sherry had first run away from after being attacked by Rex was completely empty

Back in the science room, where Sherry had first run away from after being attacked by Rex was completely empty. Only what seemed to be the bodies of both Glen and Marco were present.

However, from the darkness, another figure emerged. She was wearing a student uniform while having her hair tied into a bun. Her glasses just gaze at the two down individuals, her eyes focusing on Marco specifically.

As Nu watched the two corpses, she couldn't help but comment out loud.

Nu: *Looking at Glen* Glen the bearded lion of the Crimson Knights...He was quite famous in the Knight Order. But with his magic sealed, he became an easy target...

Being the second in command of Iris's organization, was a very big deal. Only few people had such honor. Glen was both lucky and unlucky to reach this position.

Nu's gaze then went toward Marco.

Nu: *Nolactant* Marco Granger...So you joined the Crimson Knights...

As Nu said that, she got on her knees and examined Marco's condition. Even though he had been brutally beaten up by the named child, his chest was still beating. He kept taking raspy breaths, even though he was unconscious.

Nu's thoughts: Still breathing, huh?

As Nu said that, she stood up over Marco. While that happened, another presence arrived, unbeknownst to her, as she was more focused on the person in front of her.

Seeing her, the person finally questioned her.

???: What are you doing, Nu?

Although Nu knew who the voices belong to, her eyes still widen. She looked back and spotted one of the leaders, Kai standing before her.

Nu: Lord Kaiser!

Although she was shocked, she end up smiling that it was him. Back then in the academy, before this started, Kaiser was actually curious about the past of the girl. So right now, it pleased her to see him, since she didn't need to particularly hide the truth.

Nu: *Smile* Just remembering a bit. *Stands Up* He was my fiance once. A skilled spellsword with a strong sense of justice. Someone I wore like jewelry while mingling with others of high standing.

As Nu said that, she looked back to some memories of her past with the knight. One such, was when the two were attending a party from another noble. There, while Marco seemed to be enjoying himself, Nu looked to the side away, as she seemed and felt...Out of place.

Nu: I only realized how I'd been just following orders without a will of my own. And how boring that life was.

To Nu, her previous life wasn't great. Although up until her possession, she never faced any sort of crisis, her life was already decided by her family. She had wished that she could handle something else. Something much more important, by her choice.