The World's Mightest Come Together

No Pov

Currently, after the events of the last match, which was yesterday, the majority of the people in the VIP section were having dinner, courtesy of the Kingdom of Midgar.

This was mostly to keep people well entertained, as the matches were gonna start soon. More especially, the match that most people were waiting for.

The match of Princess Iris...And the phantom, Eclipse.

One of them, was the strongest swordsman of the kingdom. The other, was an unknown variable, which had proven to have great skill.

Whatever it was, the people were definitely interested. And the favor champion, was of course, the princess.

Back on the dinner, Cid was currently eating peacefully, on a table...

...Or at least, that would be what he would have wanted.

Iris: *Smiles* It's truly unfortunate. That you didn't get to see Claire's match yesterday.

Cid: *Mob Smile* Y-Yeah. Sitting in the front of the VIP seats gave me a serious stomach ache...*Looks Away* It's inappropriate for an inferior being such as myself, to share breakfast with royalty like this...

After the events of the morning, Cid had come early, to see, at least one of her sisters matches. However, at the same time, Iris was here and he had been invited to eat breakfast with her.

To say that he hadn't gotten the attention of many people or even the rest of the kingdom, would be an understatement.

Especially, if it was only the two of them

Truly, an event of a main character...But...Where was the main character?

However, hearing Cid's words, Iris just giggled to herself.

Iris: *Laughs* Fufu. There's no need to tense up. Just relax and watch. The kings of both countries will be present today, so we will be sitting in a wider area,

Hearing that, Cid only chuckles. The two kings of two separate kingdoms...Just his luck.

Cid: *Small Smile* W-Well...That's an honor.

Although, Cid technically didn't want to be here...It was his turn.

Iris: Cid. May I ask you a question?

Hearing the sudden request, Cid looked at her confused.

No matter what, he couldn't deny anything that the princess said. Even if he wanted to. Otherwise, he might as well be executed.

Not offering a response but neither a denial, Cid just nodded, while Iris thanked him.
At first, he thought that maybe she was going to ask him more about himself or even about Iris, however...

Iris: I was wondering...*Looks Away* If, Kai-san is really not going to make it...

Hearing the question, Cid remembered what led to "him" having to be here. After his final duel, he had abandoned the position in Claire's match and prepared himself for his own.