A New World

No Pov

???'s Narration: On the last summer of two students' lives, both Minoru Kageno and Kai Kayaba were reported dead. Each of the two attempted to follow and fulfilled their dreams, while Minoru wanted to be an Eminence in Shadow, Kai wanted to be strong. They both suddenly...encountered a twist in their journeys.

Currently, in a mansion, two black hair boys were each being held by their parents. While the mother was holding one, still on her bedside, the father had the other while laughing out loud

Father: *Laughts* Claire always wanted a little brother. She'll be ecstatic to know that they're twins!

As the two were talking, the babies were...thinking. These two babies were called...Cid and Kai.

Cid's thoughts: What is this?

Kai's thoughts:...Is this hell?

However, both parents suddenly stopped and looked at the children. On their faces, the expression of worry and confusion was the only thing present. Finally breaking the silence, the mother spoke.

Mother: *Confused* But something weird. Neither is crying.

When she said that, the father look down at the boy in his hands before leaning in to look at his other son, in her wife's arms. It was the truth. It was already weird that one didn't cry but both, at the same time. To suspicious.

The parents kept looking at them, asking if something was wrong. If they were sick or perhaps another thing had affected them.

Feeling this, Cid blinked once before starting to cry. Seeing this, Kai also decided to follow in his footsteps, already suspicious of his fellow brother.

However, it needed to be done.

Once they heard the cries, both parents were filled with joy. It seems like they didn't question anything.

Father: *Surprised* Oh!? Hear those mighty cries!

Mother: *Smile* I must have imagined it...

Kai's thoughts: No you didn't. I'm surprised it actually worked.

As this happened, the maids of the mansion watched in exasperation and curiosity. The mainds then go to get someone, who returns with a girl with similar hair to them and characteristics as the mother.

She watches in awe, however, this wasn't what Kai and Cid were focusing on.

They could feel it.

The world was full of magic. It was in the air, in themselves.

As the girl gets closer, she watches both of her brothers with excitement.

Kai's thoughts: It is truly possible now? Can I fulfil my dream?

Before Kai could answer, silence is then present as he looks around. He sees the family looking confused and in a state of not knowing what to do. Before he could ask himself what happened, he gets a smell.

he turns his gaze toward his 'brother'.

Cid's thoughts: Ah. I pooped...

Timeskip

Currently, in the backyard of the household, both Cid and Claire were currently clashing blades against each other.

In this world, both boys had been reborn into sons of Baron Kagenou, an Aristocrat who lived in the fields. For generations, their family had produced the defenders of this world, Black Knights, who use magic to increase their strength.

Currently, Claire was the head heir of the family, given her natural talent for the sword.

Because of this, she could easily fight someone like Cid and beat him in a sword fight...Just like now.